Night Goblins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Goblins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Goblins

Does anyone take night gobbos with bows? With such short range it seems like they MIGHT get one round of shooting in before they get charged. I have not played fantasy went, however I have a pretty sizeable list started. I'm a 40k player mainly, but fantasy has intrested me enough to start an army. Any help or advice is welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I have used Night gobo's with bows in border princes/skirmish games... usually around the 500pt level. however, in bigger games I never use them as I find the HW/SH save is actually really good for a 2pt night gobo.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to take bows for my night gobbos but i found they made the unit expensive and useless in combat, ur better off spending those extra points on netters or fanatics

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I think night gobbos with bows are under rated. I tend to give them the bows as a charge reacion option than to cause any shooting damage. Its quite funny watching a charging unit take a casualty from shooting, then get mauled by fanatics, then get hit by netters, and then whatever else is left gets to fight.

I have had games however where goblin archers have struggled to hit the wide end of a barn.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the charge reaction idea. The 20 goblins I traded for came glued with bows so I'm stuck with them. I am trying to decide to keep them or get another unit of spear wielders going. I think I'll keep them for now and see how things go. Thanks for the help and ideas.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also use a unit with bows and the charge reaction is great mainly because the enemy thinks he has an easy unit to kill when he sees the 20 Night Goblins until they get shot, fanaticed and all but 1 or 2 of there attacks and are more durable than most people think but it would be a good idea to keep a unit to flank charge the opponent and then boest that they where beaten by a unit of gobbos with bows in combat.

khaz
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use a unit with bows, but rarely deploy them just for shooting, its just an additional option,
    i always take them when i know my opponent is likely to take a large target, because large targets often cause terror, and they use them to easily disperse goblins, and then they have to stop 8" away because of fanatics, so you dont have to take a test yet, and then all of your ranks can shoot him because its a large target, so thats 40 shots at mainly 4+ to hit but a fair few at 3+ and that is gonna cause a fair few wounds, then if they charge it happens again.
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good plan i take bows just to stop the enemy from sending annoying units (warhounds) to flush out my fanatics
    i didnt do it it was him 'onest boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

note to the new player......ranged weapons are not as nearly good as u think it is
    i have never seen a shooty army win a game (besides wood elves)
    besides gobos are expenable 2 point thins and are suppose to make the game fun, fanatics come to mind here:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=innocence_proves_nothin]note to the new player......ranged weapons are not as nearly good as u think it is
    i have never seen a shooty army win a game (besides wood elves)
    QUOTE]

I take it you have never seen a S.A.D (Skyre/Skink Army of Doom) or a Chaos Dwarf army with 2 Earthshakers and 8 Bolthrowers? Or a Dwarf Army with their equivalent? Or an Eshin army? Shooting can win the game, as long the player knows what they're doing, and their army is meant to be good at shooting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast