gobbos or orcs. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gobbos or orcs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gobbos or orcs.

Hi all im a newb to warhammer and im having trouble deciding beetween regular orcs and a pure night goblin army.The main reason i cant decide is because of the HQs i know what i would like to arm a black ork general with but not a night gobbo general though.Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend going for a regular Orc army with Night Gobbo support first of all. It'll be smaller, so will be a LOT quicker to paint up to a decent size. And if then you fancy going for a Night Gobbo army, you've got a core of Night Gobbo regiments to build on, with the ability to go back to regular Orcs when you fancy a change.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I'd suggest going for a mixture of both as well. Both orcs and goblins have different strengths and they compliment each other quite well. You may become frustrated with an all night goblin army if you are new to it as they have an awful leadership and can self destruct and run all over the place quite easily. Use them as part of a more varied force first, then if you can see it being fun to have a whole army of them build on what you have.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.I think thats a good idea maybey two regiments of 40 night goblins with three fanatics and ten netters and 2 niight goblin bosses to keep there leadership a little better and the rest of the force orks how does that sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would ditch the Gobbo bosses for non-Gobbo armies, as it's then cutting into your Orc boss and shaman quota. At that size, shooting casualties aren't a huge problem, and trust me when I say that people will do all sorts of crazy things to prevent themselves being in the recieving end of a fanatic release, so low leadership shouldn't be a huge disadvantage. Plus you can use those units on the flanks to herd the enemy to where you want. WARNING: Will not work on Skaven, as they'll send in slaves, and other Greenskins, who'll send in, well, more Gobbos.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

sounds pretty good but I still wouldn't rely on a night goblin bosses leadership. Night goblins have a lower leadership than common goblins. Best to have an orc warboss and keep them within 12 inches as that will allow them to use his leadership.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont use gobbo bosses than but maybey ill include a squig herd(night gobbos and squigs should be able to draw some fire from the bulkier orks)

+ Reply to Thread