Advice: 1k Night Goblins vs Skaven/Khorne Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Advice: 1k Night Goblins vs Skaven/Khorne Chaos

Hi

I'm playing 1000/1500pt games against a Skaven army or Khorne Chaos Warrior army with my Night Goblins. Any advice? I've only ever fought High Elves, Wood Elves and other O&G armies before with a W7, D1, L1 record.

My army consists of 3 Level 2 Night Goblin Shamans, 3 units of 30/30/20 night goblins with 2 fanatics each. 1 Night Goblin Big Boss and 1 Giant.

Previously, I have relied on the 3 shamans with their Mushrooms to dominate the magic phase to make up for my lack of troops. Usually I will take "Ditto's Double..." to cast a magic-missile type spell twice. 80 Night Goblins might not be enough against another Horde army like Skaven, or a tough elite army like Khorne Warriors.

The Giant is a recent addition so I don't have much experience with him.

I've never played this guy before so I'm not sure which of the two armies he will use or what he will use - any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

your fanatics will wreck havoc against chaos. they have no shooting to get rid of them (bar marauder horsemen with throwing axes)

the giant is always a blast against any opponent.

Adding some spear chukkas could be devastating for the already expesnice warriors of chaos.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah also units of around 40 to hurt them via resolution and as much magic as possible also remeber that a bsb can be the difference between life or death in a goblin (night or not) army
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A BSB could be good, and big(ger) units against the skaven could help. To make those fit, you'd be best to drop the giant against the skaven, because I gather some evil skaven shooting could take him apart. Against Khorne, keep the giant, since he'll arrive intact. I don't know how well you'll fare in magic against him, but if it gets to the point where you're wasting the 400 or so points you spent on the shamans (this might happen), then just scracth magic entirely and buy some mundane ranged weapons. Then his big Dispel pool goes to waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I agree. Don't depend too much on magic against Krohne.

Keep in mind that you can take an extra big boss with an all goblin army. 1 extra Big Boss per 1000 points. Use that for your BSB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester
    I agree. Don't depend too much on magic against Krohne.

Keep in mind that you can take an extra big boss with an all goblin army. 1 extra Big Boss per 1000 points. Use that for your BSB.
    He already has acounted for this, you'll notice that his 1000 points have 4 heroes, which would be over the limit if not for the special rule.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Update: He ended up taking Tomb Kings, and my army ran away in the 3rd turn :/ Thanks for all the helpful advice, regardless!

+ Reply to Thread