Need help to kill Vampires! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help to kill Vampires!

Going to face my friend again.. He has VC.. Is there something real brilliant you can do to beat Those vampires? I hate them real bad, all they do is to scare you with those cowardly fear test! And characters causing terror! And they are all unbreakable and it will just take up the whole game to destroy a big unit of even crappy zombies! Im gonna have to kill him if he wins!:realmad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

First of you need a good basis for Ld. A blackorc character.
    The key for destroying VC is either to destroy his general, or to kill him in CC by winning big. Goblings have low Ld, but can have a great combat result. max out on ranks, and put your general nearby, that way the goblins should make there Ld test and still have CR 5 (outnumber, standard and three ranks). If you could make them not strike back that much, or accually kill some of them, you would win greatly! (think Netters for nightgoblins). Wolf riders are good for flanking (one more CR).
    I do not know what bloodline and what composition and style he has, but fill me in and I'll see if Ican help more:yes:
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Also ever tried savage orcs with spears ? with a frontage of 5, that's 21 attacks! (they get thier second frenzied attack from the back rank!) Guaranteed you'll crumble those zombies faster than an rat can run from a dwarf ! The banner of butchery on a unit of savege orc big uns will cause enven more damage.

Thier frenzy will also make them pass thier fear/terror test to hold in place.

Supported by the goblins (as suggested by Cebwj) you'll be nearly untouchable (unless you roll animosity unlike anything ever seen on this earth)
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has the Von carstein-bloodline but rarely choose any bloodlinepowers, just magic items...
    He uses skeletons, graveguards, zombies and those annoying fell bats and batswarms...
    I have won before over that( twice) But now he has started to use some wraith-weirdo character that causes terror on his own! He is also bragging over the banshee and that black coach seems rather powerful...

Savage orcs is a very good idea, but the blistermodels( When are they gonna do plastics?) are very expensive. Can 10 savages and some goblins(To give outnumb. and ranks) Do something good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Here's a solution Wolf_Pack style. Got any greenstuff ? File the edges of the light armour from the back of regular orc boys and use the greenstuff to make a pelt. Simply jab and pull outward. You should practice this first, but it gets easy after a few attempts.

If I was to make savage orc army, that would be the way to go.

As for the black coach, spear chukkas will will tear it apartwith a turn or of constant fire.

To get rid of the anything ethereal at a cheap cost .(banshee, wraith, spirit host) Make an a goblin assassin. On a wolf, shield, light armour and Basha's big axe of bashin'. Keep him around your general for the leadership, then launch him at your ethereal target and watch it vanish it into thin air. Even if the wraith is in a unit, you will flee 3d6, wich sould be enough not to get caught by zombies if you when you will break.
    Last edited by Wolf_Pack; June 25th, 2006 at 16:34.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greenstuff seems a little hard to do, but I might give it a try. I got two spearchukkas as two of them only uses one spc.choice. That goblin assasin was brilliant! Really cheap as well, and since its a friendly game ( or supposed to be...) i will give it a try!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greenskin
    The greenstuff seems a little hard to do, but I might give it a try. I got two spearchukkas as two of them only uses one spc.choice. That goblin assasin was brilliant! Really cheap as well, and since its a friendly game ( or supposed to be...) i will give it a try!
    Let me let you in on a little hint. "Learn your opponents strengths as well as your own weaknesses". Read the VC army book. Get an idea of the units he uses, the magic items (some can be dispelled, and make sure he rolls if the item can be chared). Read it as if you were going to play the Army. Go to the vampire army forum on this site and read threw problems VC players face and try to do the same. Read the battle reports to see how VC's lost and won. It may take some time but imagine the frustration of your opponent. Seems to me he always uses the same strategy and is very ****y (otherwise I would never have made this post).

I have never played vs a O&G army, but I have read a little of the Army book. Here are some things (if you are able) you can do.

Unbreakable, frenzy and fear units are your most reliable vs VC. These will not run away and can charge on command without the need of a fear test. Also any swarms you may have can be great if used correctly (flanks mostly, take down the rank bonus, and keep other flankers from you).

Another stratergy is lots and lots of arrows. I don't know the stats on your archers but they are a good counter vs. a lot of the VC army. Bats and dire wolves do not have any armor and a toughness of of 3, so you have a good chance to kill entire units (as the units are quite small normally).

Trolls, and giants seems very deadly to VC. both cuasing fear they can charge. I have seen a Dogs of war giant take out most of a skeleton unit by jumping up and down on it then falling over onto them (also read of one giant eating a zombie, ewwww).

Counter his black coach with your own charriots. Most experenced VC players don't use black coaches very often because they truly arnt very good, if you can charge it then odds are it wont survive very long. D6 impact, normal attacks, plus combat resolution can normally kill it in one turn.

Use magic. Stock up on dispel scrolls and learn when to use them, and when you can risk a spell going off by useing dispel dice. Don't expect to out magic him, in fact don't plan to have any spells go off, that way if one does it is like a bonus.

Myself if I were playing vs a VC or Tomb King army, I would go for the general. I'm not saying to rush every unit at him, but make every move, every attack go to that effect. As soon as you kill the general, the Army starts to crumble, and if you can hold your own for a little while, he will loose.

If you start winning your opponent may start taking deffrent bloodlines and the bloodline powers, if this happens, go back to step 1, know your enemy.

Aglaca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats some good advice. I have read his armybook now and then, and the best things he could have would be black knights, graveguards and, if used good, ghouls. He has just got a small unit of graveguard and then the fear is no problem at all. The black coach can surely be countered by a chariot of my own, but the boar chariot is pretty slow.. M 7... what movement has the Coach? i seem to have forgotten..

the VC spells is very dangerous, and after killing ten zombies in a couple of rounds, its OH MY GOD so annoying to watch them rise up again because of the invocation-nehek-something. And yes, its pretty hard to get a spell trough with all that disp.dice from both his count and necromancers ( That also uses to carry the powerfamiliar, -providing one extra power and one extra dispeldice.)

Now I will kill some undead! ....Or well.. kill em again...

+ Reply to Thread