Is Azhag illegal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Azhag illegal?

I have many specail characters and all of which I know can be used with the updated rules and nobody argues with 1 exception... AZHAG! Yes, like all other characters he has updated rules so is still balanced but many of my usual opponents say I cannot use him because he is dead. normally i would argue because i love the model, rules and history of the character above all other warlords.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think he is illegal. I have heard (maybe not from a trustable source) that GW are making a new Azhag on wyvern model, just like they are doing skarsnik and gobbla. Is there any details on how he died, or does it just say: slain at the battle of-something?
    I asked my staff here back in sweden and they say that the old spc.characthers are too powerful and they dont allow them. I think its gonna change if the characthers are getting new models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was killed by karl franz i do believe when he tried to destroy the empire. other than that I really cant say. hope they do get a new model for him and rules. that would be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karl franz? Thats a shame. I have read the storm of chaos-book, and Karl franz sucks, It must have been his griffon that did the job. Azhag will probably be back and hopefully with some new fluff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Just because a character is "Dead" in the current timeline of the game doesn't mean you can't use them. The rules are given for many dead characters in WFB and W40k to allow you to recreate battles in which they fought.

I mean... just look at Nagash (laughs)... nevermind then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead Orcs

Look at Grom, he died (I think), due to a clumsy shamen activating an elf waystone. Gorbad died a fair while ago, how I can't remember, but he died. Azhag died at the hands of emperor Karl Franz.

If your opponents won't let you use azhag, why do they let you use the other heroes.

You could always assume that the crown of sorcery (i.e., the shiny 'elmet), has reanimated his corpse into undeath. OR, or you could say that he was only fatally wounded, but due to the fact he has the favor of Gork and Mork, he recovered only to find his sword arm mangled forcing him into retirement (unusual for an I know), only to be roused from retirement to defend his tribe.

Anyway whatever you decide let me know.

Cheers.
    Stupid people do stupid things
    Smart people outsmart each other
    And I... Play guitar and write folk songs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the currant O&G book I have says:

"Azhag finally met his match at the Battle of Osterwald. Werner von Kreistadt, the Grand Master of the Knights Panther, slew Azhag and left the Waaagh! leaderless. After the battle, the Orc horde dispersed into the forests and hills. As for the Crown of Sorcery, it was recovered by the Grand Theogonist who took it back to Altdorf and placed it in the deepest vault of the Temple of Sigmar to be guarded for eternity by powerful spells."

according to the timeline, this happened in empire year 2515.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

If Azhag is listed in the lords section of the army list itself then you can use him and your opponents can't do anything as he is a perfectly valid selection. If I remember correctly he is and has rules accordingly.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the orc characters (excluding Scarsnik and Grimgor) Are dead. If they say you can't use him then tell them there is nothing the rule book says about it and if they have a problem email GW and complain. Azarg is a pretty cool character and is quite nasty if hes used right, they probably don't want to lose. Ive met some pretty sad people in the time I've been playing.
    Always Interested in a game in Brisbane - I play Dwarfs, Empire, DOW, Vamps, Orcs and Goblins and Skaven in WFB and Chaos and Orks in W40k. If you'd like a game PM me and I see what I can do!

() ()
    (^.^)
    (")(")

This is bunny. Copy bunny into your sig so he can acheve wold domination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is in no way illegal. Any character's status in game background has no effect on tabletop mechanics. If it were the case you could invalidate any special character because of geography (You can't bring Teclis because we aren't in Ulthuan), army composition (no Grimgor because your army isn't entirely black-orcs!), or any other rediculous excuse (no Franz because his wife's, sister's family picnic is scheduled for today). In short your friends are trying to use an invalid excuse to try to change the make-up of YOUR entirely legal army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast