Deadly troll - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deadly troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deadly troll

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I will start by saying hello everyone.

I was just reading my codex and I found out that troll with an orc BSB on boar with the Gork's Waaagh! banner (+1 movement if moving toward the ennemy) make your troll m7, witch mean they move as fast as most cavalery and they pursue at 3d6... and with leadership 8 they can pass most of their psychologie test.

I would like to know if it's legal and if you like my idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

it is purely legal, but also very risky. if your opponent sets is mind to catching that unit, he will get big VPs for catching the unit and caracter, and a banner.

You are better off with a goblin on a wolf, with the back bone brew dramatically cheaper.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you put a goblin with backbone brew you don't have move 7 with the unit, witch make it as fast as most cavalry. and if you take stone troll you have a good chance to resist magic comming at you, or if you take river troll ennemy will hit you on 4 or 5, witch is very good. Plus troll have regeneration...
    I thought this unit would be strong enough to win most close combat and resist missile or magic fired at them.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The problem with trolls if they lack combat resolution as they generally don't have any ranks etc, obviously yours will have a standard though. Large units of trolls suck up a lot of points, then when you add to that a mounted battle standard bearer it adds up quite quickly.

Also adding that banner reduces the tactical effectiveness as you only get the +1 to movement if you move directly towards the nearest enemy unit. It gives you very little room to maneouver your unit before getting into combat. I think you also have to move your full movement toward them so you are potentially opening yourself up to getting charged rather than charging.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread