ORCS got screwed (models) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

ORCS got screwed (models)

This is a sad day for all die-hard orcers. In the new codex, it seems that orcs are largely screwed. With a few exceptions (choppa, warbosses, armed to teef), it seems as orc units generally got worse or did not improve. However, my first gripe (the one that will dominate this post) is over the models. To clarify, I'm talking about ORCS here, not the runty gits. Heres a rundown on how da orcs got screwed:

1. Warboss- not bad, at least they made a new model. the flexibility and 2-character package is sweet. Although I would have vastly prefered separate characters, at least its something. The boar still looks akward though..

2. Wyvern Lord- No new model. One of GW's best chances to make a kickass model and they passed it up to make a **** ton of goblin heroes and shamans. Boo. The current model is outdated and looks bad.

3. Orc Shamans- look alright but nothing special. The mounted one looks familiar, as if it were featured before... At least there are new models.

4. Boyz Regiment- No new models, but the old ones are beautiful so no big deal. Some extra head/arm spruz would have been cool, but oh well.

5. Arrer boyz- Metal blisters of arrer boyz? They look good, but who would buy them (especially since arrer boyz suck)?

6. Savage Orcs- Needed new models soooo bad and could have been soooo cool. But no, they made new netters and fanatics instead. These guys look like crap on a stick. Have fun.

7.Savage Orc Boar Boyz- See savage orcs, the same applies.

8. Boar BOyz- look like crap and still do. No new models?? These things are ancient. So, so sad.

9. Blacks- look OK but no new models is disapointing. They could have been made to look super bad to the bone. Instead, they will remain OK looking.

10. Chariots- No new models, but the old ones look alright.

11. Special Characters- a whole lot of nothing.

As you can see, the model range on Orcs is screwed. I hope they sell alot of goblins!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Uhm yeah, these are the one's released NOW. Do you know for certain GW won't remake them? Talk about a new lord on a Wyvern has been floating around, and I bit dollars to dimes it'd be Azhag. The plastic Orc leader is a brilliant concept, it's so flexible and affordable, and you can make your own hero now. I don't see what the gripe about more is.

The gobbo heroes are nice, and since you can get a lot of them, I would be tired of seeing the same six heroes.

The mounted Orc Shaman is new, though does look similar to a model released during the SoC.

Arrer Boyz have been improved somewhat, and I don't doubt that they will sell, especially since Orcs are a more viable core choice now, and themed armies are generally played a lot.

Savage Orcs will probably get a remake, I don't doubt that at all.

More when I get back home, chaoi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The common orc models didnt get any great changes, but they greatly focused on the charcthers. Not all of those are good-looking though, but the new warboss kit is really something!

The arrerboyz will be one thing for certain that I will go get. They have been improved greatly in the new rules, and with the new lone-charcther-can-be-shot-any-time-rule, putting a shaman in a such unit is just perfect.

Savage orcs look a bit aged, but what really bothers me is that they only come in metal!

The boarboyz-models sucks, no question about it. I actually would have bought some if they wernt so darn ugly.

On the black orcs, I fully agree. The had the perfect chance to make the finest elitetrooper-models ever, but they just left it! And the new rules says that bl.orcs are having both great weapons AND add.handweapons, go figure.

And as merc had heard, there is a new wyvern model, with azhag on top. Its released in germany, but I still havnt got any pics of it. I have heard its superb looking and wrapped around a rock.

Spec charcthers: As you said, but with a kick-ass new gorbad-model!

One other thing they could have changed is the boars. They did of course change the warboss-boar, but they could have done something to the regular ones as well.
    They totally blew all energy on the gobbos...=(

Hope that GW changes something in the last minute...
    Greetings from Sweden

http://www.markofchaos.com/videos.php?clip=1#top
    Nice warhammer video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i disagree the new orcs did not get screwed the new gobbos heroes look awsome and the wyveren model is a shame but it still looks good and yes ppl do use arrer boyz like me!!!
    they have taken out quite a bit of things but on the other hand i do agree with the orc shamen and the boar boyz but the boar boyz do still look good its just a shame with no new models
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

I somewhat disagree. There are plenty of plastic arrer boyz around from when they were still in the box set. And I'm really not sure what you don't like about the boar boyz. The 'new' shaman is bit of a let down, especially when compared to the superb Brian Nelson (I think) sculpt from a few years back. As far as figures go I really think Orcs have nothing to complain about.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all

I'm new to the forum, but have been a lurker for a while. I thought I'd chuck in my opinion on this thread as I've been collecting orcs for about 4 years.

Personally I think the models most in need of replacing are the boar boys. These are so out of sync with the rest of the range and are pretty small compared to the 6th ed mounted characters.

I think the new shamen model is absolutely terrible, I don't understand how it made the final grade!!

The new Skarsnilk model is wicked and without doubt the best out of the new [mini] range... although GW are having a laugh charging £15 for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Orc most certainly have not gotten screwed with the new book. First and foremost the regular orc boys models are fine. Remember these are supposed to be rank and file guys that aren't supposed to be all that superb. They come with plenty of weapons options and are very customizable.

We don't need a new Wyvern model as Azhag is getting a new model... thus we get a new Wyvern model anyway. Rumors have him wrapped around a rock, which would be cool.

Arrer boys-metal ones ehh not that impressed. Plastic ones i've got 10-20 so i'm happy. 1 more point than a normal boy gives me a Choppa, Light Armor, and a bow is really sweet actually. Toughness 4 archers in this game is great. Small units of 10 for a low cost are great for flankers when necessary, otherwise can really piss off most opponents.

I don't really see the need to redo boar boys as the new book made them too pricey for my likes as i think Black orcs are a much better deal for more at a lower cost. In addition, the Savage orcs will probably get some models, but i will be disappointed if they don't get plastic models.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda ironic, in WD they complained how everybody was using gobbos and not orcs, their solution, make a slew of beautiful new gobbos and leave the orcs lookin crappy.

I hate the new arrer boyz. There's only 3 different versions of them. Even in a unit of 10 they look bad, I cant imagine a unit of 40.

As for shamans, I LOVE the unmounted toothless guy, looks crazy and "shamany". Not wild about the mounted guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, I don't dislike the new models, but I can't say that I'm crazy about them either.

As for the wyvern, Wood Elves got stuck with the same old dragon, just with a few vines stuck on it. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new wyvern.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread