Goblins with Spears and hand weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblins with Spears and hand weapons?

I've been reading the 7th ed mini rulebook and it says that all models have a hand weapon. SO an Empire halberdier can either use the halberd or the hand weapon.

I don't have the new O&G codex yet but I'm wondering something. Does the option for spears replace the goblins hand weapon or is the spear in addition?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to.

ALL models have hand weapons, and can use either their 'upgraded' weapon or a normal hand weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

This is correct, you can always opt to use HW/SH with Gobo's with spears. I tend to do this in situation where i can utilze nets to good effect, especially with the new rules. 5+ in hand to hand is pretty sweet vs strength 3, especially when you net them now your strength 2.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall the old orc book was quite specific about choppas actually replacing handweapons, I don't know if this was incorrect and contradictory to the core rules, nor if they've changed it in the new book.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The new rule for choppas just says that you gte +1 strength in the first round of combat regardless of whether you charge. You also still get the strength bonus if you use 2 choppas. The rule then specifically states that a choppa is otherwise treated as a hand weapon, which is pretty useful as you get the parry bonus when used with a shield.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

Choppers are two [Edit: correctly spelt 'too'] overpowered now.... +1 strength on the first round not on the charge AND THEY GET +1 STR WHEN USING 2 CHOPPERS! thats [Edit: 'unfortunate'] and its not the only way orcs have become better... oircs [Edit: correctly spelt 'orcs'] are too overpowered [Edit: 'in my humble and not particularly well thought out opinion']
    Last edited by Hard A**; October 18th, 2006 at 19:31. Reason: attitude and spelling corrections

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Banshee, I have tried to put a reasoned response to your thread about orcs being overpowered but this is now the third random abusive rubbish post you have made. So what, you lost to an new orc and goblin army. This either means that you learn from what went wrong in the game and develop your tactics, or continue to lose. If you are good player you will find a way of beating them, no one will appreciate you just stomping around throwing your toys out of the pram.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

No flame wars, period. The post has been edited. Carry on the discussion but no pointing of fingers.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I have played 3 games with the new orc and goblin rules and have not won a single game with them yet. I got massacred by Vampire Counts and shot to hell by Dwarves. I am trying to compile a list that will stand up at a grand tournament qualifier next month and against most other tournament armies orcs just get a kicking and that is taking into account the new rules. It looks like it is back to hordes of night goblins hiding behind 8 bolt throwers with a wall of fanatics.

The new orc and goblin rules are not unbalanced at all, they in fact still barely make the army playable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help with the choppas, now they're actually a beneficial weapon to use.

And back on the rules querry, Everyone gets a HW, no matter what it seems, and may choose to use it over another weapon they have. Choice is made at the beggining of combat, cannot be changed during that combat phase, and applies to every model in the unit.

+ Reply to Thread