Viability of All-Orc Lists? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Viability of All-Orc Lists?

Hi All,

I'm not an O&G veteran by any stretch and haven't even played against them more than a handful of times.

However, one thing I have never encountered, or even read about in the army lists section, is an all-orc list. (Except for Grimgor's 'Ard-boyz, which itself appears to be rare.)

There are plenty of all-gobbo lists, how come no all-orc lists? Are the Orcs at such a severe disadvantage without innumerable goblins to provide numerical superiority?

Thanks for your insights!

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Its a pretty reasonable list to have all orcs as at 5 points they aren't exactly expensive themselves. What you lose by not having gobbo's is the fast cavalry element of the army, which is pretty useful really. Normal orcs are pretty useful in a fight as they have toughness 4 and strength 4 in the first round of a fight, their leadership is ok as well. Its feasible to do it, but orcs and goblins complement each other so you see more armies with a bit of both I think.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with the new edition all orc lists have become even more viable. The book pretty much leans towards them. The reason for havivng goblins in the old book was for just 2 points you get a small base guy (less in base to base) which is 1 less toughness and lower WS. neither orcs or goblins survive all that long (but orcs invariably a little bit longer) but goblins give you static combat res for much much cheaper. Also goblins have alot more little tricks up their sleeves with netters and fanatics, fast cav and faster chariots.

I believe now you will be seeing a shift in the focus of armies to leaning more towards the bigger guys we have. (I know i lean towards orcs alot more now)
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

+ Reply to Thread