How do you keep your rules straight? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

How do you keep your rules straight?

This is intended to be half-joking/half-serious. O&G have a relatively high number of units who have special rules. Moreover, many of their units have rules that aren't included in the BRB, such as armed-to-the-teef, squig herd rules, fanatics and netters, animosity, waagh, squig hopper movement, etc... It seems like an awful lot to keep track of. I played against an O&G army yesterday, and I had to keep reminding the guy to move his squig hoppers and giant squig.

So, how do frequent O&G players remember all the wierd rules in their armies? Any tips?

-Koosh

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I don't play OG, but I use markers with my armies to remind me of stupidity tests, terror, and the like. I think a checklist could help, too.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

I'm one of those unfortunate souls cursed with the ability to always remember stuff without trying to.

The army summary sheets can help you, if you remember to keep referring to them, and after a while, when you've played with your army enough, the rules just stick in your head.

It's all about repetition.

GS
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieSteve005 View Post
    I'm one of those unfortunate souls cursed with the ability to always remember stuff without trying to.
    I have the same problem. I know most of the rules for most of the armies in 40k and fantasy.

My one blind spot was hobgoblins in my CD army, animosity was just never something I was used to rolling for, so I wrote "animosity" on my army list and usually had it to hand. Maybe even have a separate card for each unit in your army.

Aids like that, and repetition as Steve says, go a long way to helping you crack the rules of an army.
    Last edited by Rork; April 13th, 2007 at 21:15.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, I still have a hard time remembering all the special rules...and it's been 4+ years I've been playing them! :cry:

But, as mentioned before, repetition does help!
    Frank G
    Let the false gods burn!

+ Reply to Thread