need help with goblins!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help with goblins!!

Hello i'm just starting out FB and have decided to do a goblin(mostly night)army. I bought the battle for skull pass and am wondering where to go from there. I will most often be playing an empire army
    any suggestions on what else to include?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ira
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Buy the army book and read it cover to cover several times. Get familiar with your unit types, point costs and magic items, and decide how you want to build your army. Figure out what you already have (skull pass box i guess) and point out a 500 point army to play your empire freind with. Figure out your strenths and weaknesses and go from there! Orcs and goblins are a fun army, good luck!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Do you want to stay away from Orcs totally, or will you have a few? Also will you be including things like Trolls and Giants or will it just be Gobbos?

If you've got Skull Pass that's certainly a good start to a gobln army. If you have any friends who are also starting and they also bought Skull Pass you might be able to trade for even more Goblins. As for additions to the army I would recommend you get a general with good leadership. If you don't want orcs that would mean a common goblin warboss/ big boss would be a good idea as they have a higher Ld than their Night Gobbo equivalents. I would also recommend you get some fanatics for your Night Gobbo units as they can really scare your opponent and also consider squigs as they can be great fun. The warmachines (which are all Goblin crewed) are dirt cheap in points and would make a great addition to any goblin army.

But basically Goblins are a fun army to play. Pick the units you think will be the most fun!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that if you want to play a mainly night gobo army go for another battle for skull pass. This is because it gives you 70 gobos, and a troll for $75, vs. the $215 you would spend sepretly, and you get free dwarfs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking of doing the same thing... i bought the battle for skull pass for the rule book and just fell in love with the night goblins. i want to use a lot of squigs (herds and hoppers) and fanatics...accouple doom divers... and shamans... it's not going to be a winning list... but it's definatly going to be funny and most importantly really fun to play.... is it really worth buying another skull pass box for the gobbos?... i haven't really thought out the cost.... i know the box is $45 here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The pass is a tremendous deal. Just go look at how much the models will cost seperately.

The main weakness of the O & G army is leadership. This is moreso for the goblins.

You're going to need huge units to avoid panic checks.

The good news is that everything is very cheap. They have great magic b/c their shamans are so cheap. I would recommend an orc shaman too.

If I were you I'd have a big bad orc lord for your general so that your gobbos can lose their weakness. That also means you can field trolls. I love trolls, the models are cool and they're just so tough.

Definately get a bunch of spear chukkas, one of the best warmachines in the game for the cost.

Goblin armies don't have to be worse than other armies, just put some more thought into your army list.

+ Reply to Thread