hard hitting gobbos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard hitting gobbos?

hey i was just wondering what an all gobbo player can do for some hard hittas? I seem to do well with magic and shooting... but as soon as my opponent reaches my front lines.. i'm toast. My fanatics are ok for some defense... but I can't rely on them as a solid defense (or offensive). any ideas on what can be added to an all gobbo list to help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The point of gobbo's is that they aren't hard hitting. You grind your opponents numbers down with the shooting/magic/fanatics before they get to you, by which time you will massively outnumber them. About the hardest hitting thing you have in the army is a wolf boy with a spear other than characters, or maybe wolf chariots as they seem to have a bit of punch.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

When playing 2000 points I will always use skarsnik as his killing blow attacks do lots of damage. I will also field 3 small units of Wild Squig herds and throw them at the enemy, so when they break the Squigs to damage to lots of units.

I also like to take a night gobbo hero on a giant squig in a unit of squig hoppers. He has the pipes of doom and makes lots of enemy cav/monster/chariot run away.

The key is to use assets like your fanatics, squig herds, magic and panic causing devices to wittle down the enemy so much that by the time they get to you there's very little punh left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting. i never really thought of them like that.... when it makes perfect sense! thanks... much help:yes:

+ Reply to Thread