Librarium Online Forums banner

2000pt Tourney List (Need Imput)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  father-chaos 
#1 ·
Hey there everyone! After stepping away from the hobby for awhile I'm happy to be back! I decided to get back into after learning of the Michigan Grand Tournament which takes place at the end of September just a short drive from me. The event is one that is quickly growing with each year and this will be the first year that an Age of Sigmar event will be hosted. So the event will be using all the matched play rules found in the Generals Handbook. All armies be 2000 points or less, and the entire army must belong to the same alliance. I have yet to play a good amount of age of sigmar and am looking for some feedback about list possibilities. Here is a rough idea for a list I have for an alliance of men army:

-The Fey Enchantress

-Paladin on foot

-Free guild general on Griffon

-8x KOTR

-8x KOTR

-16x Men at Arms

-16x Bowmen

-16x Bowmen

-10x Freeguild Guard

-Cannon

-Cannon

This puts me at 1940 points. Leaving me room to play with, or a triumph to use in game. Thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
I've said a few times that I think it's a bit early to start calling particular builds for the game, until the meta stabilizes. That's why I'd love it if you'd let us all know how your games go at the tournament.
So far, the list looks alright but it almost seems heavy on Battle Line units. I'd absolutely consider throwing a Wizard on a Hurricanum in there, if you can. That thing is brutal, tossing out the +1 To Hit for your guys is excellent. Also, if they allow it, I'd use those 40pts and see if you could make some tweaks to pick up one of the formations from the Handbook, if possible - it does cost, but army-wide buffs are huge, from my experiences with the game so far.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply! If it would be helpful to everyone I would love to keep updating here (or a new thread) as I get more games in and change my list. I played a few games this weekend and my initial imoressions were that turn order and battle shock are huge now. Also I much perfer running my KOTR in a big block of 16. 34 attacks on the charge that do two damage apiece and wound on threes? Yes please! Factor in the buff to hit given by the Enchantress and you're hitting on 2+. I was pretty much wiping a small unit per turn on the charge. That being said do not let the knights get bogged down!! They are mediorce after they loose their charge bonuses.

#4 ·
Yep, lance-knights are just as "punchy" as they've ever been, and only good on the charge. I'll second running them in a block, as long as you've got a way to claim objectives. Although we've got a points-system now, AoS should almost certainly stay an objective based game. The objective games in the handbook are excellent.

Having the Knights lumped together as your big "attack first, hit stuff" unit would be good. Another option would be to roll the M@As and Guard together into a fat infantry blob, for the same role - that way you can get your "deathstar" stuck in off-charge as well.

Battle-shock is really the deciding factor in AoS. With the static ToHit/ToWound rolls being very flat and standardized, the only real difference between "chaff" units fighting each other, is going to be their Bravery.

#5 ·
Keep us posted on this tourney. I am interested to see how it plays out.

One thing that I will throw out there is who is acting as your general? One thing that I am trying out right now is a Freeguild 'Paladin' General on foot with 2+ units of archers. If you check out the command ability on the guy he makes an already awesome shooting unit a little better. Too bad we can not place the bowmen out there in units of 10 or I would place two units of 20 with this guy sitting back with a pistol.

Best of luck on the tourney.

Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.