Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey all, just started playing BFG on Vassal the other night and I'm looking into making a fleet for them. Had a few questions that I thought I would get your opinions on before I start.
1. What point game does a battle barge not become a huge point sink for marines?
2. Are the SM Escorts worth using over their Imperial Navy counterparts? They are a bit faster, but have a higher point cost.
3. Which Escorts seem to be the most popular for SM? Each does seem to bring a unique function to the table.
4. How important are the re-rolls for the Master of the Fleet?
5. Would it be better in everyone's opinion to run a pure GK fleet based off of SM, or run an Imperial Navy fleet and take an Inquisitor and take allied GK (SM) Barges/Cruisers?
6. How difficult are GK (SM) to play due to their disadvantages?
Thanks for the replies .
Now I don't play SMs myself but my friend does, and I will base my help off of what he has said.
1. 1500 or 2000
2. I would say SM ones are better, not only are they faster but they have better leadership. (for reload ordinance) Also, you get the hunter which has boarding torpedoes.
3. Each does bring some function. Gladius and Hunters seem best in my opinion.
4. They can save you when you are in a jam, but SMs usually have good enough leadership anyway.
5. Completely up to how you like to play.
6. I would recommend not playing as GKs. They are space marines but cost more points to be able to board nurgle ships. Space marines seem harder to play than a regular imperial fleet.
agreed for the most part, though id highly advice novas as they are your only lance option.
too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^
<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!
Hrm, after a bit of thought on the issue, I am leaning towards using an Imperial Navy Gothic Sector Fleet as the base, along with an Inquisitor Lord. This brings into play Grey Knight Vessels brought into Imperial Fleets.