Converting Models In Power Armour? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Converting Models In Power Armour?

Does anyone know of any toys or miniatures outside GW that could be used to model a character in power armour?

I want to avoid using the Typus & Magus models as they are used by so many inquisitor players for power armoured characters.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Which scale are you using..

Oh.. You mean Tyrus rather than Typhus?

Not sure about outside the range.. But don't forget Captain Artemis. His armour does shriek space marine, but might make a decent base for conversions. I believe there's also a battle sister model somewhere.

In general, though, I'd suggest avoiding power amour at all costs.. Sitting there for 15 turns pinging each other is not a very dramatic battlescene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    In general, though, I'd suggest avoiding power amour at all costs.. Sitting there for 15 turns pinging each other is not a very dramatic battlescene.
    Pretty true, especially in a game where a lack of heavier weapons and overall equipment is a blessing and a curse when it comes to dramatic battle scenes. (Such as when you are forced to fight an axe with a knife.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Inquistor-Missionary Precinct Omega's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of any models off the top of my head that absolutely scream "power armour", but there are plenty of 54mm models in plate armour of various sorts out there.

I suggest visiting www.HistorexAgents.com - T h e H i s t o r e x A g e n t s W e b s i t e and doing a search for "54mm" - be warned, though, that you'll get over 1,000 hits. I like to browse the many, many pages of such models every now and then, imagining what could be done with some models with just the addition of a pistol or two...

R.

+ Reply to Thread