My First Gang - Van Saar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Gang - Van Saar

Leader
    Plasma Gun, Lasgun

Heavy
    Heavy Stubber, Lasgun

Heavy
    Flamer, Lasgun

Ganger
    Shotgun, Manstopper rounds

Ganger

Ganger

Ganger
    Lasgun

Ganger
    Lasgun

Juve
    Autopistol

Juve
    Autopistol

1000pts, 10 Models

I've included all the strong weapons I could get, hoping that'll be enough to dominate the shooting phase. The juves are basically just meatshields for the flamer. After a few games, I plan to get 2 more juves, and arm them both with hand flamers *cackles manically*

Any comments/ciritiscm always welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks alright, if your planning on having a long running campaign, i would invest in more youths, the sheer amount of skills they can gain quickly is brilliant, although they won't be great in their first few outings.

I really want to start Necromunda again........
    Back in the zone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Not bad at all, some good balanced choices here. I like the combo of short and long ranged gangers.

If anything, the heavy stubber guy doesn't need a lasgun.. That's an extra juve he's carrying around on his back. The same could be said for the leader, he he could downgrade to a pistol without losing too much. It isn't always about having more guns, sometimes it's just about having more guys..

I'm not a fan of giving juves expensive gear like hand flamers.. Even autopistols sometimes seem a stretch, but yeah, if it works for you. I agree you could use a few more of them. Consider hired guns as well, as they're the best thing since sliced bread in the earlier parts of a campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I'll drop the Lasguns on the Leader and Heavy, and use the points for two more juves

So, the list now looks like this:

Leader
    Plasma Gun

Heavy
    Heavy Stubber

Heavy
    Flamer, Lasgun

Ganger

Ganger

Ganger

Ganger
    Lasgun

Ganger
    Lasgun

Juve
    Autopistol

Juve
    Autopistol

Juve
    (Knife)

Juve
    (Knife)

Then after he games, I'll get some handflamers for the juves. It's not actually that risky, since the juves are just as resilient as any ganger, and they're low ballistic and weapon skill is negated by the fact that hand flamers are auto hit.

Basically, they get into poisition hiding from any gun fire. They then flame the hell out of anyone they can, and then run and hide. Cowardly, but it does work alot of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I do believe that is pretty much the optimal necromundan house gang list.

A few comments though, by the sounds of it you are new to necro in general so you may not realize a few things. The necro system does not stand up very well to strongly competitive play, many things are too strong (plasma guns) others far too weak or just plain outclassed (laspistols for instance).

Always trying to go for the optimal makes the game go stale quite quickly in my experience. Try it out by all means but you may feel that you are missing some of the entertainment necromunda can bring by treating it like a game of 40k.

All the above is just my humble opinion of course.

+ Reply to Thread