Anyone have a spare cyber-mastif? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Anyone have a spare cyber-mastif?

I'm putting together an Adeptus Arbites army for 40k (you can see the list here), I've converted 99% of it from plastic models (I hate working with metal). Besides painting, which is always a long and painful process for me, I'm ALMOST done modeling everything.

The only thing I'm missing is a single Cyber-Mastif model for the Suppression Team. I've searched around a bit and it seems to be completely impossible to get this model, without buying the entire Enforcers box.

SO, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum knows where I can bits-order this model, or if anyone here has a spare one that you'd be willing to sell or tade with.

I have lots of imperial guard (cadian and tallarn), tyranids, eldar, ratskins, brettonians, and probably more. I figure a Necromunda player might be interested in some plastic heavy or special weapons or other bits for trade.

Let me know if there's someplace I can find the Cyber-Mastif model, or PM me if you're interested in a trade!

Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a google ad for bitzbox.com or something along those lines. You might want to try there or a similar site.
    Become a Games-Workshop Reseller Buy Warhammer at 50% OFF AND MAKE MONEY! http://retailwarhammer.com/become-a-reseller/ <---- CLICK NOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well you could always do what I did if you can't find a lone, reasonably priced mastiff. Build your own from spare parts. The chaos lascannon or autocannon heads make for pretty decent looking cyber-mastiff. For the body you could take a basic gaunt and tech it up a bit, replacing legs and such to create a fairly cheap mastiff. Just a suggestion.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The problem is that, since one (and only one) cyber mastif is a requirement for every enforcer gang, selling it as an individual bit is going to invalidate an entire gang's worth of models. They're also quite a rare choice to begin with, being significantly underpowered.

I hate to say it, but scratch building may actually be your best bet. There are also a few dog models around (scavvy dogs, I think there's one for Mordheim, that hobbit farmer from lord of the rings) which could be teched up into Cybermutts..

..never make me say that word again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I have an idea for a scratchbuild: Take the dog in the bretonnian men at arms box:

Then, all you have to do is model a bionic eye and some other digital things!

bitzbox link
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superflat Monogram Sayomi Akimoto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x1)

My own fierce Cyber-Mastif was made from a heavy weapon Sprue and a wolf from the Goblin Wolf Riders.

All I did was use the powercable from the Lascannon as a new tail for the wolfy and mounted the cammera lookin' tingy on the top of his head. (I think it's the sight for the lascannon as well, or just a telescope. Worst comes to worst, just get a pair of binoculars and hack 'em in half, or just use them as is.)

If you want him to get more robotic, you can replace the legs 'n such. Mine's left side is opened up with a shotgun mounted on a robotic arm, similar to a sponson. 'course, it doesn't do nothing but look cool, but hey, it's angry. When not playing Necromunda, I use mine as a Stormtrooper.

Then again, my entire Necromunda Enforcers squad doubles for a second squad of Stormtroopers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Awesome, thanks for all the replies. I've been looking for good doggy mini's but somehow missed the bretonnian dog completely! I was thinking of using the goblin wolf but thought it looked a bit too feral for my army's theme (they're uber-pro).

So, in the near future I'll bits order a bretonnian pooch and start the converting. A cyborg eye, some wires, maybe an antenna and other bits... I'll post some pics once it's done!
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

+ Reply to Thread