Extra Models/Weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra Models/Weapons?

I'm just wondering, I'm interested in Necromunda, and how exactly do you get the extra models/weapons you buy in-game? I look at the GW store, for example, and I see a pack of 8 men, and for most of the gangs nothing else. Does this mean that every time I want a new weapon, I have to buy a new pack of 8 men and hope they have it so I can cut it off and stick it to a model I'm using, and that if I want a couple of Juves I need to buy a leader, four gangers and a heavy with it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

You Can't Kill the Metal Stabby_McGee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x3)

I was wondering this myself... My Redemptionist gang came with a crapload of weapons but I'd hate to have to keep converting models after every game.
    Necrons ~4500pts / Orks ~2000pts / Thousand Sons ~750pts

HOW TO LIGHT A MONOLITH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know the feeling the only way around i could find is either look on ebay and hope to get lucky, or use models from other lines. I'm going to use pig iron productions or some from the void 1.1 line. if your looking for weapons for your guys, i'm going to suggest void weapon packs. thats were i plan on getting the majority of my gangs weapons from.
    Links
    FRP GAMES - Your Hobby Gaming Source
    Untitled Document
    Eureka Miniatures :
    "stupid overtime zombie virus."
    "I'm glad that worked. Those would have been horrible last words."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the guys you normally play with don't mind, you can play without being WYSIWUG. Although, if you feel creative, and have the money, you can buy/convert each model...

on a side note; I've emailed GW about more models, there are new models in the works, I just need to harass them some more so I can get an answer.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my friends started building our gangs over the summer, and are hopefully starting a proper campaign over the next few months. Like yourself, I was initially disheartened by the lack of additional models, or even the ability to easily convert the existing metal ones. After some research of sites such as this, I was able to compile a list of conversion ideas for the different gangs in the game.

Useful links
    making a necromunda gang

how to convert a lasgun into a shotgun
    (though I'd prefer to leave the stock on the end of the 'shotgun')

From the bits gathered here and there, converting a gang would go something like this:

Goliath: Catachan + Chaos Marauder Parts
    Orlock: Catachans, but not the bare torso models. prob sculpt jackets and tabards too
    Cawdor: Bretonnian Men-at-arms with Cadian and Wood Elf parts (See article above)
    Redemptionist: Same as Cawdor, possibly with different masks
    Delaque: Men-at-arms with Cadian parts.
    Van Saar: either cadian or eldar guardian bodies. possibly use empire free company or scout heads, with some gs or putty work.
    Escher: no real substitutes out there, except maybe witch elves. prob just have to buy them online, though they are fantastic models
    Spyrer: could be converted using eldar aspect warriors (scorpion=orrus, banshee=malcadon, hawk=yeld, dire avenger=jakara)
    Enforcers: space marine scouts
    Scavies: Warhammer Undead. also, converted Orks can work as scalies, with GS and patience
    Pit Slaves:Chaos Marauders with some bionic bits added
    Ratskins: not sure, but probably involves lots of green stuff, as the new metal models are rubbish. Alternatively, you cold use Kroot to represent the gang, as their tracker/filedcraft abilities would be well represented by the Ratskin rules

Also, converted Ork 'big shootas' make decent enough heavy stubbers, the heavy weapon of choice in Necromunda. Alternatively, you could make one with a thick piece of sprue, a cadian grenade launcher drum, a file, drill, and some patience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

Brilliant ideas Ezra, this post alone has rejuvenated my interest in the game. Rep to you, and welcome to the boards!
    Montyhaul's Models[/size][/indent]
    Warhammer minis for sale[/size][/indent]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. Just glad I can do my bit to help keep this great game alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

If you and your group have some gangs converted, post em up on the boards! We don't see enough of this sort of thing.
    Montyhaul's Models[/size][/indent]
    Warhammer minis for sale[/size][/indent]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I did a Delaque gang using Steel Legion troops and Sergeants. Sure, they're not all bald guys, but I felt they upkept the 'sneaky doom' feel for the Delaque gang.

plus, they had plasma, grenade launchers, and often had LT's that I used as juves, because they had pistols and CC weapons.

for Heavy Stubber, the top of a waist held lasgun came off, and a WW2 model's 50 cal machine gun went on. You might be able to get a H. Stubber off IG tank kits that might work as well too.

for Shotguns, I clipped shorter the lasgun barrel, it looked more like a sawed off... or like a las carbine, a bit different from the lasrifle IG normally have.

Ahh Necromunda... I love it for a change once in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word... magnets! Magnetize all your models and weapons so that you can preform weapon changes on the fly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast