Tanith Sniper - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanith Sniper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Tanith Sniper

I want to make a Tanith sniper for inquisitor probs Larkin. Any ideas how to make the model? What would look good etc.

Thanks
    Gedderz

"Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this to make a character to play the game? Or just a model as a display piece? Does it need to be based on a GW model? Sergeant Black is probably your best bet if you want to use a GW model as the base for the character as he's wearing IG fatigues and has a lasgun.
    I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Conclave - the Inquisitor forum

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I would like it based on a GW model. Mainly want as display but would also like to use in game.

Yer think Sergeant Black would be a good base. Main thing i see as a problem is the head as i need one without a helmit. Does the set also come with a non helmit head? Or will i have to look for a helmited one? Also Larkin as a sniper will have a long lass, will have to lengthen the barrel and add a scope which shouldn't be hard, but anyone got ideas about the cloak or green stuff the way to go?

Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using non-GW models is only really a problem if you plan to play in a GW store or at WHW, and even then I've used non-GW models and the staff have been more than happy to allow it. What you might find more people object to is playing as Larkin rather than a character you've invented yourself.

Black only comes with one head so you have a few options - you could buy another model and swap their heads around as you'll likely need more than one model if you're going to play the game anyway. Or you could try the Arcadian Smugglers Ring and see if anyone will trade a spare. Or you could by a 1:32/54mm head from somewhere like Historex. The long-las is easy - extend the barrel using a bit of plastic tube and add a 28mm boltgun scope. For the cloak you can use greenstuff, either just sculpt the cloak or make a sheet of greenstuff and wrap it around the model. Alternatively, you could cut up a tomato puree tube and use the thick foil it's made from as a cloak and then greenstuff where it wraps around his torso.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Hey there is some good stuff there thanks! I like the idea of the tomato puree tube if it looks as good as green stuff be much easyer. Thanks for the help i will see what i come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used tomato puree tube for the skirts of my Sister Hospitaller.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Wow it works really well then. YOu have some veyr nice models there.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks - glad you like them. :-)

+ Reply to Thread