Dark Eldar. What gives? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Dark Eldar. What gives?

In about 170 topics, only 1 was about the Dark Eldar, and it got only 1 response. What gives?

The prospect of intergalactic fleets of massive ships duking it out in space sounds awesome. I just discovered BFG yesterday essentially. Of course the first fleet I look to are the space pirates themselves! How badass would that be! Speed. Stealth. Maneuverability. Firepower. Taking prisoners and torturing them and all that business. A real pirate fleet!

I see 2 ships.. Seriously?.. The Imperials have like 13 or 14 different ships they can choose from. Yes, the Dark Eldar ships are customizable, but that only goes so far. And every Dark Eldar weapon is 30cm so you have to get pretty close to do any damage.

Or am I wrong? I've never played this game after all. How do the Dark Eldar fare in the BFG environment? Are there some supplements or new books that expand their options that I'm missing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x2)

Official: no expansions.
    Unofficial: Warp Rift had some Dark Eldar. The Book of Nemesis added a light cruiser.

Customizable is the key.

Look at the Imperial Navy fleet, in fact it all customizable but instead they gave every variant a seperate place in the book. They could do the same for Dark Eldar (and Craftworld Eldar for the matter as well).
    WARP RIFT - The Battlefleet Gothic Online Fanzine
    Download it here:
    http://www.epic40k.co.uk/bfgmag/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar will recieve no support untill furthur notice. Which will be never.

Thank You

GW Managment

But seriously? They could use some lovins.
    "So, how did you become a Renegade Space Marine?"

"..... Tax evasion...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

So how are the Dark Eldar competition-wise? Totally underpowered? Underestimated but utterly lethal? What's up?

+ Reply to Thread