General Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Questions

Hey, I'm just getting into Inquisitor and was wondering how big the Inquisitor models are compared to standard 40k models. I already have a couple 40k character models, and I checked the website for prices on Inquistor guys, and they are very expensive it seems. Would you be able to play Inquisitor with standard 40k character-type models?

A question about Pause for Breath; does it take up an action, or is it a "free" action? The rulebook wasn't quite clear on this.

Thanks in advance!
    DWEY

"Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dryads_will_eat_you View Post
    Hey, I'm just getting into Inquisitor and was wondering how big the Inquisitor models are compared to standard 40k models.
    Standard 40k models are 28mm, Inquisitor ones are 54mm. Personally I much prefer the larger scale - the models are fantastic, there's a huge range out there to choose from, converting and modelling is easier and less fiddly, you can still use almost all of your 40k terrain, and it's a very cheap game to play compared to something like 40k.

Would you be able to play Inquisitor with standard 40k character-type models?
    Yes, and many people do - it's commonly refered to as Inq28. Most people playing at 28mm use a scale of 1cm = 1 yard or 1/2" = 1 yard. Obviously, playing at 28mm is cheaper but there are disadvantages - the main one is that players used to games like 40k tend to want to play Inquisitor using archetypes taken straight from their favourite army, ones which are often unsuited to the game. Marines, Aspect Warriors, Necrons, Orks etc don't really have a place in Inquisitor - that's not to say they can't crop up occasionally, but the game is not designed to deal with them. The same goes for equipment - in 40k, for example, a bolter is a fairly average weapon, but in Inquisitor it's easily capable of taking someone out of the game with one hit - and when you have just 3-4 models in a warband that can make the game be over rather quickly. If you play at 54mm, these problems are lessened as it's far more difficult for someone to make an Aspect Warrior warband, and most of the easily available weapons are things like lasguns, shotguns, stubbers etc with only the occasional bolt or power weapon.

A question about Pause for Breath; does it take up an action, or is it a "free" action? The rulebook wasn't quite clear on this.
    Yes it takes up an action, the originial Lightning Reflexes ability gave a character a free Pause for Breath each turn, but it was superceded by later versions of the rule because it was too open to abuse.

Any more questions, let me know.
    I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Conclave - the Inquisitor forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a bunch. However, I only wanted to know if you could use the models....
    Actually, in hindsight, you actually did me a huge favor by giving me all that extra info, because the guy I was going to play with most would want to do some of that.
    Thank you.
    DWEY
    "Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

+ Reply to Thread