Ork Ordinance - possible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Ork Ordinance - possible?

Okay, I'm brand new to BFG and I like the idea of ork pirates (just because, you know, they're ork pirates!) I kind of want to try something different, though, so I was wondering how viable an ordinance heavy ork fleet might be. Reading around the internet I've heard varying opinions on this kind of tactic, ranging from 'it's great' to 'it's absolutely useless and terrible', so I figured a few extra opinions couldn't hurt.

Basically, I'm talking about cramming as many torpedo armed terror ships as possible into a list with the maximum number of warbosses (for getting rerolls on ordinance reloading and the boarding bonuses) and then filling it out with ravagers. On first glance this seems to cover a lot of the things which stick out as ork weaknesses (especially vulnerability to bombers and slow speed/short range weapons) but even with rerolls it seems like leadership could be a problem, so am I setting myself up for more trouble than good? Is this unorky line of thinking doomed to fail, or is there room for an ork strategy which doesn't just rely on getting up in your face with big gunz?

Also, in this case are looted torpedoes going to be worth it? It seems like they might be, especially when trying to get at ships with a high turret value where big salvos are going to help. On the other hand it's only slightly cheaper than an extra shield. So yeah.. what do you more experienced folks think?

Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 29th, 2010 at 01:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x2)

lol,
    you just told yourself to create the only viable & very strong Ork fleet possible. Terror Kroozer gallore!!
    WARP RIFT - The Battlefleet Gothic Online Fanzine
    Download it here:
    http://www.epic40k.co.uk/bfgmag/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. This is actually the only way an ork fleet can really compete!

An ork fleet of the deathdeala and 6 terror ships can put out well... a terrifying amount of ordnance! Be sure to take all 9 rerolls though in my experience! You *will* need them!

Point your entire fleet at the enemy, AAF on turn 1, launch allllll ur missiles/planes, and board board board!
    [...] So I burst into his office and exclaimed, quite frankly, "That's Numberwang." As I recall it, he cried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear.

I've currently decided to scrimp on upgrades in order to load up on rerolls, so I guess my question about looted torpedoes is currently a bit moot. I guess I'll just have to get some models and work it out for myself.

+ Reply to Thread