Bombers : Fighters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    NW England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Bombers : Fighters

So finally getting round to getting rid of my cardboard ordnance for some shiney new ones

Bought the square epic bases for my fighters/bombers and will use the straight stands for my torps (still working on ideas for modeling them). Question is really at what ratio should I base them? I'm looking to do 3 a stand with 24 stands bought so far.

1000pt Fleet includes 2 x Dictators
    2000pt Fleet adds an Emperor
    Launch bay total = 16

30 IN fighters / 3 = 10 Stands
    27 IN bombers / 3 = 9 Stands

1000pt Fleet includes 2 x Devistations
    2000pt Fleet may add a Styx
    Launch bay total = 14

24 Chaos fighters / 3 = 8 Stands
    24 Chaos bombers / 3 = 8 Stands

So in the ideal world I would make 16 stands of IN fighters and bombers and 14 of each for the chaos fleet but I'm not going to do that
    Will buy more bases in the future but for as of now what ratio should I build the stands?
    Thinking of 6 of each type till I buy more bases, or do you find that fighters dont get used etc.
    Oh and torp ideas would be good

Last edited by Pheonix Lord; February 25th, 2011 at 10:00.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements

South Wales
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Dont have any advice on ratios, but when I made up my bases for Thunderhawk gunships I found they look much better mounted on the stems from small clear flying bases glued to the bases supplied with the models. Assuming you are getting the Forgeworld model that is. It puts your ordnance on the same level as your fleet.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

+ Reply to Thread