Stand-in Models for Necromunda - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stand-in Models for Necromunda

Hi guys (and gals),

A couple of people at my local store have mentioned starting up a Necromunda campaign and I thought back to how much fun I used to have with it some 10+ years ago.

What I was thinking was that the Necromunda minis are quite limiting, metal models are nowhere near as easy to kit-bash as plastics, but there are a few alternatives on the shelves that would to the job, such as:

IG Cadians - Orlock/Van Saar
    IG Catachans - Goliath
    DE Wyches - Escher

The Ork kits seem to have suitable shooters for Autopistols/Autoguns, Space Marine Scouts have good Bolter/Bolt Pistol & Shotgun weapons.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I actually think Catachans look a lot more like Orlocks to me.

Cadians are just too 'military' looking really. I suppose if you had a big collection of spare heads it might work for Van Saar, but helmets very much say 'I'm wearing flak armour'. You might also want to green stuff on some tubes or something, as the Van Saar uniform is meant to be a high tech survival bodysuit.

Wyches in my opinion look too techy in an Eldar fashion. You'd also wind up with a whole bunch of useless male torsos and heads, and you'd have to do some very detailed work on the ears to make them less pointy. Really, I'd just stick with metal.

One cheat I always recommend is to cut the barrel off of a lasgun or laspistol so you've got a little stump instead of the very obvious laser barrel. It makes a good stand in for any number of projectile weapons. The lasgun version makes a great high-tech looking shotgun and the laspistol version looks brilliant as a stubber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking along the same lines myself. I want to put an Escher gang together, but don't like/want the GW models. What I came up with was the female marine special ops line from shadowforge.

You can check out their stuff at the war store. www.thewarstore.com/femalespecialops.html

Hope that helps. The war store has a bunch of non-GW stuff that could work for other gangs. My plan is to go magnet crazy with bits borrowed from IG kits when needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmatrix View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines myself. I want to put an Escher gang together, but don't like/want the GW models. What I came up with was the female marine special ops line from shadowforge.
    Again, my feeling is that they look too military with the uniform beret and vest combo. If you punked them up a little and made them look more like street gangers they could look great though.

+ Reply to Thread