mars battle cruiser - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mars battle cruiser

hi guys
    just caught the battlefleet gothic bug after getting a whole box of 40k stuff of my brother and finding some hunter destroyers in it. Anyway been reading the forums and they seem to say that Chaos or IN is the way to go for neophytes like me.
    so my question is can you make a mars battle cruiser out of the imperial cruiser box set?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Yes you can.

You get 2 cruiser bodies and 2 sprues of weapons which each have 2 x WB, 2 x Lances, and 2 x Launch bays as well as antennas and the rams. Biggest problem with th sprues is the lack of lance and WB parts but the mars does slot in perfect because it uses 2 x WB, 2 x Launch bays and 1 x Lance turret (to go along the top).

Problems arise when you want to buildsay a luner and a gothic. thats 6 x Lances need but you only get 4 in the box. Its the same story with the chaos ships. I got around this a bit by magnitising the weapon sprues so your not stuck with JUST a gothic or JUST a lunar. You cant magnitise the top lances but at least you will have a battle cruiser chassie to inter change with different options.

Link for guid if it helps. Jus scroll next to see the other pics.
    BFG Magnitized Imperial Navy WIP by MasterCasper on deviantART

Best of luck

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

4. Likemotomeru liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers
    i was also wondering if it is the same with the grand cruiser chassie as well i mean if you can interchange the bits as well between exorcist avenger and vengence if they were magnitised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Sorry I dont own any of them so I'm unsure if they come seperate or as part of the model.
    I do know the Chaos version comes as one model......

How odd. Jus checked the GW web site and the exorcist model has come off leaving only the vengance. Hmm, perhaps someone else can better explanin whats gone on.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x2)

Hi,
    Excorcist was only available as a seperate model in the early days iirc. Now you need to buy the Vengeance as the base Grand Cruiser model. Sadly it does not come with other weapon modules as far as I know to build the other Grand Cruiser variants.
    WARP RIFT - The Battlefleet Gothic Online Fanzine
    Download it here:
    http://www.epic40k.co.uk/bfgmag/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, the beauty of BFG is that you are only limited by your own imagination... Literally. Since GW stopped supporting this particular franchise, player made, "house" rules have developed expanding the game as far as the eye can see. I recommend Warp Rift magazine www.epic40k.co.uk - Warp Rift, Battlefleet Gothic Magazine for a bit of everything. Magnets are the best friend you can have in BFG. Every kit, even the Battleships come with a few sprues of stuff. So if you magnetize you can field pretty much anything you want. And yes IN is a great starter, not only are most of the ships made from the same plastic kits, but they are easily modded with plasticard and of course magnets to make just about anything you can think of.

Check out Warp Rift. There are so few websites actually still alive about BFG that anyone not wanting to try some of the stuff they come up with would just be silly.
    We were the First, and the Best, created from the finest warriors Terra had to offer, and sent out to spread the light of the Emperor. We are the 1st Legion, the Angels of Death, Dark Angels forever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys you have been a great help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x2)

Nice Warp Rift promotion there.

As for support. Currently 9 drafts are in GW hands to be placed online. Cross fingers. All of us.
    WARP RIFT - The Battlefleet Gothic Online Fanzine
    Download it here:
    http://www.epic40k.co.uk/bfgmag/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, its a great mag, and I make a habit of collecting PDFs
    We were the First, and the Best, created from the finest warriors Terra had to offer, and sent out to spread the light of the Emperor. We are the 1st Legion, the Angels of Death, Dark Angels forever!

+ Reply to Thread