Thinking About Starting Bfg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 (x1)

Hi, im a 40k player for a while now and im looking for something that has alittle more strategy to it and not so much horrible luck. i like the hobby side of miniature gaming and i love 40k but ide also like something that plays alittle more like chess if that makes sence.

so i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to let me know how bfg plays. some of the game mechanics, average cost for a fleet, all the things a newbie would want to know.

im thinking about starting but want to be sure its a game ide enjoy before dropping 50 bucks for the started, and do i even need the starter???

i guess i should say some games that i do like for a bit of reference, i love 40k but it is sometimes just a mass of movement and the tables get so packed and things happen is such away that its hard to prevent or strategize. board games im a fan of are chess, go, and risk. and 3D chess is the best game ever made!!!

so if anyone has alittle bit of time and feel like writing me a recomendation ide very much appreciate it. so thanks for your posts, and im ready to listen.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

BFG is much more strategical and cheaper than 40k. The starter box is probably essential, but even if not it is extremely helpful and a very good deal. I say go for it. There are a couple of other threads on this page with lots of information for new players, so check them for more detail.

I got 2 full fleets (2.5k and 3k) including the starter box which had everything I need to get started for $400 US including postage to Australia. Good luck getting even close to that with 40k...
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread