who are the illuminati - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who are the illuminati

who are the illuminati. it says somewhere they are a brotherhood, but who are they really.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

From what I'm reading (The Inquisition Wars) the Illuminati are a diverse group made up of: harlequins, the greatest farseers and warlocks of ulthwe, humans that have been possesed and managed to drive the daemon away either by themselves or with the aid of another, and the sons of emperor who are psycic blanks to him.

The Illuminati are an extremely secretive group bearing the theory that the sons of the Emperor (who they are looking for) will take over when the slowly dieing Emperor finaly kicks the bucket... :cool:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Oh. I thought you ment the real Illuminati. Who are also a secret organization that may or may not control our goverment. They also may or may not control other governments. They also may or may not do other secret things...I don't know exactly, but I'm probably going to get assassinated just for saying this ^_^
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Appearently the Illuminati where also written out of the fluff. supposedly the Inquisition discovered that they where actualy a Tzeentch cult and readicated them, though when dealing with shadey groups like the Illuminati and the Inquisition, you mever can be too sure.
    As far as the "real life" Illuminati I..just won't comment on that...it'll just make me sad. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Edicius; July 14th, 2005 at 00:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old Star Child Fluff

"As the spirit of the Emperor drifted through the warp it gradually dissolved into the flow of energy, returning to the cosmic of the nature of the warp in its uncorrupted form. Only a tiny core of the Emperor's humanity remained whole, like a small child bobbing upon the tide of a colossal storm in a tiny reed boat.

Thus the soul of the Emperor was cast adrift into the warp. While the Emperor's soul survived there was still hope for mankind. For just as the New Man had been born from the collective souls of the shamans of old, so the Emperor's soul might be reborn one day. But the day would lie far in the future, when the cries for a new saviour would strengthen the core of the Emperor's soul and rekindle it into new life.

Meanwhile the soul of the Emperor was merely a potential, a child awaiting birth, the Star Child.

The humans that were left in charge of the Imperium had no real understanding of what had happened to the Emperor. The concept that he could be born again never occurred to them. To the rulers of the Imperium, the Emperor continues to live, though his body was broken, by means of his indisputable powers.

Only a few select individuals learned the secret over the following millennia, and they became the highly secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati. The Illuminati await the birth of the Star Child and the second coming of the New Man. They know that their knowledge makes them dangerous heretics in the eyes of the Imperium, and consequently maintain a strict secrecy over their activities.

Meanwhile the Illuminati remains a secret force in human space, working away behind the machinery of government, preparing the way for the rebirth of the New Man."

They were written out of the fluff, but in an even more pathetic manner than the squats, the Inquisition was trying to destroy them before they wrote the stuff about it deciding they were a Tzeentch cult and destroying them...pretty lame explination.

+ Reply to Thread