Is Plotting To Start Bfg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm planning to start playing BFG sometime by the end of the year and was confused about certain things, such as, since I don't want to play Imperial or Chaos (Tau all the way), I don't particularly want to fork out cash for the starter set, when all I need mainly is the rulebook. However, I can't seem to be able to buy it seperately. Are the game rules printed in the 2002 Annual?

Also, for tactics gurus out there, especially those who have experience with the Tau, what would be a decent, yet relatively wallet-friendly disposition of ships, ie, should I get cruisers, and how much, etc. I have been thinking about buying lots of the lovely new Emmisary class since they come in twos...

"...But know this: We are the Tau, emissaries of the Greater Good, and we will not rest until we see this galaxy brought into the freedom of the Tau'va.

Our day will come. And it is coming soon."

~ attr. Shas'o Fal'shia Kauyon Yr Nan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Tau? Are you sure? For just one cruiser you have to fork out £10, which would get you a pair of Imperial or Chaos cruisers.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, quite sure. I'd treat them as an extension to my 40k Tau.
    "...But know this: We are the Tau, emissaries of the Greater Good, and we will not rest until we see this galaxy brought into the freedom of the Tau'va.

Our day will come. And it is coming soon."

~ attr. Shas'o Fal'shia Kauyon Yr Nan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Well, Im not sure if there are official rules in the Annual, but there is certainly a set of Tau trial rules on the BFG site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the rulebook is not sold seperately.

You'll have to buy the starter set if you want it, but honesly, it's a great deal, giving you 2 full armies, which are a great way to learn the rules/tactics of the game until you start your Necron fleet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Dont forget you can get the rulebook off of someone who is selling it. Currently im trying to persuade one of my family members to buy one for me off of Ebay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The boxed set is actually a great deal. Not only do you get 2 fleets (4 each Imperial and Chaos vessels), you get the rule book, special order dice, and 2 sets of templets which include blast markers, 2 "compasses", markers for fighter/bombers and torpedoes, and 2 of the hand-held information templates. Unfortunately you can't get any of these separately from GW, they only come in the starter box.

I've seen starter boxes as well as rule books on E-Bay.

I just got the starter box for Christmas and I plan on trading the Imperial and Chaos vessels within my gaming group so I can expand my Ork fleet. Lord Cru'X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tau rules are in the new armarda book (it's supposed to be out now but it delayed at Warhammer World&#33.
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia!

Closed Thread