cityfight capture the flag - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cityfight capture the flag

me and some of my friends r planning a 4way 500points each capture the flag game. Tell me any suggestions u have for this and if u think it is a good idea.

Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.
    Otto von Bismarck

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only suggestion i can think of is to make the battle bigger, 500pts doesnt go far & i try to always play game of at least 1200pts on the rare occasion i play WH40k . Tell us what armies you guys are using as well that might help.:yes:
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it sounds cool, i also agree maybe more points would make it fun. I would also have the flag in the center of the table in a court yard (open ground) that way it would take a lot for someone to pick it up and take it back to there base.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I actually think that 400 points is a bit too much. Larger forces are clumsy, and you will endu up fighting eachother instead of going for the flag. Instead, I suggest that you play a 100-200 point battle in heavy terrain and use the following rules:

Rules ignored:

Minimum squad size
    Unit coherency
    Force organization chart

New rule:

Called attacks: Every time a model shoots, the player owning the model declares an individual target for each shot fired, before the shots are rolled. For instance, a space marine with a heavy bolter fires at three guardsmen. The space marne player decides that the marine will fire once at all three guardsmen, as the heavy bolter is heavy 3. Now, if there were 2 guardsmen and a JO with a power weapon, the marine player might want to make sure that the JO is taken out, and can dedicate all three shots to him, thus leaving the guardsmen safe. All shots fired by the gunner must be dedicated to targets within a 45 degree cone projected from the fireing model. In cc, all attacks made must be dedicated to individual targets within 2" of the model.

Altered pinning rule: If a model survives getting shot at, it must immediately make a pinning test.
    Last edited by Sareld; October 28th, 2005 at 15:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    I actually think that 400 points is a bit too much. Larger forces are clumsy, and you will endu up fighting eachother instead of going for the flag. Instead, I suggest that you play a 100-200 point battle in heavy terrain and use the following rules:

Rules ignored:

Minimum squad size
    Unit coherency
    Force organization chart

New rule:

Called attacks: Every time a model shoots, the player owning the model declares an individual target for each shot fired, before the shots are rolled. For instance, a space marine with a heavy bolter fires at three guardsmen. The space marne player decides that the marine will fire once at all three guardsmen, as the heavy bolter is heavy 3. Now, if there were 2 guardsmen and a JO with a power weapon, the marine player might want to make sure that the JO is taken out, and can dedicate all three shots to him, thus leaving the guardsmen safe. All shots fired by the gunner must be dedicated to targets within a 45 degree cone projected from the fireing model. In cc, all attacks made must be dedicated to individual targets within 2" of the model.

Altered pinning rule: If a model survives getting shot at, it must immediately make a pinning test.
    It works really good but what you need to do is include a rule for indi Charecters like leadership has to be taken to him if hes in base contact with a friendly model
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Also, in order to make blast weapons worthwile with no unit coherency, you should not have to center the blast markers over models.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Sound cool, makes me think of UT, perhaps 150 pts is better, then I can field 5 stealths and give nids more options than just being able to field 3 warriors and makes vehicles worth to take, but you can not capture flags with or inside a vehicle

How about making BS shoots with blast weapons and if you miss then roll scatter dice??? that will make it much more like UT
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

... exept that you might get a "Hit" result with the scatterdice, and that it will somewhat overpower blast weapons. But yeah, this "Unreal 40K" game could become very interesting. I´ll post the rules somewhere where people can see it when it is done and playtested. How about friday and/or saturday?

And by the way, by allowing more than 100 points worth of units you risk to allow people to take actual tanks. That would be a bit unbalancing.
    Last edited by Sareld; November 2nd, 2005 at 16:58.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    ... except that you might get a "Hit" result with the scatterdice, and that it will somewhat overpower blast weapons. But yeah, this "Unreal 40K" game could become very interesting. I´ll post the rules somewhere where people can see it when it is done and playtested. How about Friday and/or Saturday?

And by the way, by allowing more than 100 points worth of units you risk to allow people to take actual tanks. That would be a bit unbalancing.
    Friday or Saturday sounds good to me.

My point with the BS on That blast is simply the fact that blast weapons IS power and should be so.

Just let them field tanks, they can't take flags with them and in heavy terrain they are someway easy to avoid. But that is something like that we can test in the game this weekend
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey you guys, this is cityfight: NO TEMPLATES. You roll to hit for shooting blast weapons using BS (including Ordinance and yes that means a basilisk needs no LOS an fire using BS). Roll a D6 for flamers and Ordinance to see how many are hit, and for the small blast template, a D3. I think small teams sounds sweet, in fact, why not just use the Kill Team Rules to make it fair. I dont' think transports should be allowed because Tau and Eldar would just own. I'm definetly going to try this out sometime. Read up on the rules for City Fight guys, they include a lot of crazy stuff about LOS that you are going to want to know.
    Last edited by Hextus; February 21st, 2006 at 17:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast