Necromunda Redux - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necromunda Redux

Since Necromunda is being re-released this year, I was curious to see how many people here played it or still play it?

Until recently I was still playing in a four year campaign. It was a total blast! We had some great scenarios that ranged from funny to downright murderous! When I heard that they were putting it out again I was very excited, it is my favorite GW game, and I can't wait to start again with new players.

Now if they would only make multipart plastic gangs...(I dont mean the crappy Orlocks and Golaiths, plastics on par with the stuff they're putting out now.)

--Keep Disco Evil--

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This necromunda game sounds interesting. Tell me more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are new plastics coming out along with the new book (now called Necromunda: Underhive). I've seen pics of the orlocks and goliaths...trust me, you won't be disappointed! The rules aren't going to be changed so if you have the current books you won't need to re-buy everything. We're getting ready to start a campaign here in a couple of weeks. Necromunda rules!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really looking forward to this. I played Eschers against my friends' Orlocks and Goliaths. Great fun was had by all, even when I watched my veteran of 8 battles die a horrible meltagun death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sometimes the dice rolls can be cruel indeed, I lost a heavy with bs 6 and a one in a million Hvy Bolter to a stray shotgun blast, she fell, went out of action and died! This was the first game after getting the Hvy Bolter and I had just about sold everything I had to get it! Eventually my gang recovered but it was a brutal loss!
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bummer about the one in a million heavy bolter (that's about the best rare item in the game&#33. That's why I love Necromunda so much, you actually get attached to your gang and its always fun to see what alliances, rivalries, and outright hatred grows between the gangs in the campaign. We need to start sharing campaign ideas here, since having an onging campaign with events and so on is pretty involved and requires alot of ideas. I'm in the process of writing a campaign plan, and as soon as its nearly done, I'll post it for opinions and sugggestions. Until then, may your aim be true and your bolters jam free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know one thing in particular that can help a Necro campaign out. Every week we (mostly I) put out a newsletter that was essentially the cover of the underhive newspaper. Headlines were any big happenings that week and sometimes bounties were posted, funerals announced...etc. One of my favorite things involved my gang. During a particularly blody and strange game against a rival Van Saar gang one of my Escher Juves managed to put 4 gang members, including the Leader, out of action in Close Combat. After the game all 4 rolled dead on the recovery table. Quite fittingly one of her advances was Killer Reputation. After her story appeared in the newsletter, every rival gang was terrified of her! It's cool how simple things like that can add such flavor to a campaign.
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great idea! In fact, I think I'll have to do that! I'm trying to decide if we should time-limit our campaign or not. I was thinking 10-12 weeks ending in a final big scenario before restarting would be good. Players who wanted to would be allowed to re-hire old gang members in subsequent campaigns if the could afford them and they were still using the same house (maybe even use them as hired guns with cost determined by a percentage of their rating).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our campaign lasted 4 years but we generally broke it down into 3 month segments, after that the gang usually retired. But at the end of it all, the best gangs teamed up to drive out a massive Chaos Space Marine invasion into the underhive...it was an intense battle in the end an Inqusitor arrived and was so impressed with some of the gangers he took them as part of his retinue...great fun was had by all!
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you've done it...must get more gangers! What kind of gang ratings were you seeing by 3 months? Were you playing once weekly? How did you structure your campaign? The last one I played in was a weekly league at the shop where I used to work (5 years ago&#33. I haven't played necromunda since, but I am really itching to play again!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast