Ramilies AAARRRG! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramilies AAARRRG!

Has anyone got any special tactics to take down a ramilies becuase they own seriously with 16 bomber/fighter capacity str 12 batteries in each quad (etcetcetc) and i can see no way of beating them short of a blackstone (of which an encounter would never happen) HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I have never played against one but if you read the fluff these things are supposed to be able to take out an entire battle fleet. So the only way to defeat one is to smash it with an entire fleet.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Play games with scenarios OTHER than "kill the Ramilies".

No, seriously.

They're hardcore, and require a massive commitment to destroy them - which you basically have to do by pouring on the long ranged fire (chaos for batteries, imperials & tau for ordnance), charging head on (orks, 'nids), or running away (eldar, de).

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just ram every ship in your fleet into it. It ignores shields and you might be able to destroy it. Might
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nova cannon it to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle repairman
    Why not just ram every ship in your fleet into it. It ignores shields and you might be able to destroy it. Might
    Well those twelve fighter bays do mean the loss of between one and two ships a turn depending on ship type. So that alone ends up toppling that tactic. Sadly there isnt a specific answer to the matter, though whatever your fleet of choice a carrier support gorup never hurts... (a.k.a. between two and six ships with launch bays)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Stay out of range of its guns and deal with the fighters as they come in on their own? It can't move so unless your enemy is camping right next to it, you should technically have an advantage due to the points that are tied up in the fort.

If the mission requires you to get past the fort then yeah I guess you're in for it.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that tactic is good for just getting rid of the fleet but as you say trying to get past it and your pretty screwed ^^P aaaand unfortunately the person i play against would luuurve for that tp be the case so although thx for the advide (so screwed lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Ordnance seems to be one way to go. Send in Assault Ships, Bombers and throw torpedoes from the edge of the board until one "quarter" is dead, then cruise up and shoot through it at the other quarters. The ordnance will keep the Ram pumping out Fighters and cut down on it's Bomber options.

Nova's would work too, as Herrman said.

I'm an Imperial player, that's how I'd do it, but with a fleet including Styxes a Chaos player could as well. Orks with Boarding Torpedoes or Ram ships would work too.

A huge weakness is that it can't move to close range.

+ Reply to Thread