Newbie questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie questions

Hello all
    Few questions:
    1. Can a model use a two handed weapon like lasgun and chainsword in other hand then he gets in cc?
    2. What is beter, lasgun or shotgun, granade or flamer?
    3. Can i keep my gangs with their exp until other necromunda games, with all special abilities?
    4. Can i choose the first special skills for gangers,leaders and heavies at home, before battle in the hobyshop? This saves a time.
    5. I cant equip my gangs with a miscelaneous or other rare things, which i see in the shop on page 97, only after first battle?
    Some things in rulebook id like to change.

What you think about this band?
    DELAQUE

Leader (knife,plasma gun,chainswors)
    Heavy (knife,plasma gun)
    Heavy (knife,heavy plasma gun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    total : 990pt

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Saulius
    1. Can a model use a two handed weapon like lasgun and chainsword in other hand then he gets in cc?
    Nope, because it's two handed weapon. He can carry a chainsword, and he can use it in CC, but he can never use two weapons at the same time if he's carrying a lasgun. Fluffwise, the weight of the gun means it can never be used one handed in close combat.

2. What is beter, lasgun or shotgun, granade or flamer?
    Depends what for.. In my personal opinion, a shotgun beats a lasgun, and a grenade launcher beats a flamer, but that's just the way I like to play.

In general a shotgun is an up close and personal weapon. True, you can give them man stopper and bolt rounds to increase their range, but it's pricey in the early game (I tend to do it anyway!) Lasguns don't have the same stopping power, but they do have a decent range and accuracy compared to shotguns.

A flamer is a lethal beast of a weapon if you can get it close enough. Even one shot from a flamer can cripple a whole group of gangers, but because you have to get so close with a model any sensible player is going to do his utmost to bring down, and because or the ammo problems, I don't like using the flamer. The grenade launcher is a decent enough weapon, though I'd personally go with the good old heavy stubber as a starting heavy weapon.

Don't forget the plasma gun either, if you're lucky enough to play a gang which can take them. They're horrible beasts of weapons.

3. Can i keep my gangs with their exp until other necromunda games, with all special abilities?
    That depends. You can play one off games of necromunda, and sometimes it's better to do this with a basic starting 1000 credit gang, to keep things fair. Generally, though Necromunda is a campaign based game. You will play a series of games, with your gangers accumulating XP, abilities and weapons as they go, and yes, they keep it between games.

4. Can i choose the first special skills for gangers,leaders and heavies at home, before battle in the hobyshop? This saves a time.
    They don't get them. Their initial XP value is reflected in their better than normal stats. It wouldn't be fair if Juves got nothing and Gangers got a bunch of special abilities together with their extra stats, would it?

In the case of hired guns who do get advances at the beginning of the game, you need to roll for them at the store. You can get some monstrous combinations if you're allowed to choose or roll lucky (Like Big John.. my twin bolt pistol scummer who made cypher look like a pansy. That was some lucky rolling!)

Quote Originally Posted by Salius
    5. I cant equip my gangs with a miscelaneous or other rare things, which i see in the shop on page 97, only after first battle?
    Depends if you're using the gang equipment lists.. many players consider them optional at best, so you might not be, but you'll need to check. If not, then yes, if you are, then you need to saccrifice a rare trade in order to get a piece of gear from another gang list.

Rare items need to be rolled for. You cannot buy them by choice.

What you think about this band?
    DELAQUE

Leader (knife,plasma gun,chainswors)
    Heavy (knife,plasma gun)
    Heavy (knife,heavy plasma gun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    Ganger (knife,lasgun)
    total : 990pt
    Again, check if you're using the gang equipment lists because I don't think Delaques can use plasma guns otherwise. If you're not, and they can (or I'm wrong) I say it's going to be a scary one to fight, but it could be a lot more so.

Drop the heavy plasma gun. I can almost garuntee you'll get more killing out of a heavy stubber, and for fewer points. The heavy stubber is a beast.

You have a very small number of gangers, which means you're going to run into trouble if they get injured and you can't collect income.

You also have no juves. This is a very bad mistake, in my opinion. You should always have some juves to stand around and take bullets. They also gain abilities very quickly, and can quickly become important parts of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for answer

But i can have a chainsword and lasgun on one unit, but i cant use em both in one turn,right?

>They don't get them. Their initial XP value is reflected in their better than normal stats. It wouldn't be fair if Juves got nothing and Gangers got a bunch of special abilities together with their extra stats, would it?<

I thought that 21 and 61exp is four abilities for gangers and eight for heavies.

First special abilities for ganger :
    1 dodge
    2 fast shot
    3 rapid fire lasgun
    4 +1 ATT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

But i can have a chainsword and lasgun on one unit, but i cant use em both in one turn,right?
    You can use them both in one turn, but you have to use the chainsaw or your basic hand weapon in hand to hand, you can't dual wield because you're carrying the lasgun. Personally, for this reason, I wouldn't bother with a chainsword and a lasgun on the same guy. He's not built for close combat anyway.

I thought that 21 and 61exp is four abilities for gangers and eight for heavies.
    Nope, they don't get advances from that experience, it just means they gain subsequent advances slower.

If it helps, consider that they used to be juves, then they gained a bunch of extra stats (hence, they have better statlines) as they got more experienced. True, most juves won't develop that way. But the point stands. Gangers and heavies don't get anything from their starting XP save the extra stats.. it just shows they were more experienced when they signed on.

First special abilities for ganger :
    1 dodge
    2 fast shot
    3 rapid fire lasgun
    4 +1 ATT
    And that's why you can't choose..
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; February 15th, 2006 at 18:03.

+ Reply to Thread