Cityfight and the Crystal targeting matrix - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cityfight and the Crystal targeting matrix

Me and my friends have been having some trouble with the Cityfight rules for skimmers and the eldar crystal targeting matrix (which allows you to move, shoot and then move again).
    The problem is this:
    Can you jump to the top of a building, shoot and then drop back down again without a difficult terrain test.
    Is there a limit (or should there be a limit) on how high a skimmer can "jump" in this fashion.
    If this is possible what is to stop a skimmer just raising 8'' without the building.

Any help would be welcomed, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I would say you would need to take two dangerous terrain tests if you wish to stay in cover (as I believe the BGB says skimmers can pass over cover without claiming a cover save thus not needing any test).

How far you can jump would be determined by your movement, if you have enough movement I don't see a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I believe that you can only move as far vertically as you do horizontally (see BGB p17, top right corner), so I would count a vertical move of 8" up and then down as a total of 16" movement, which would prevent the falcon from shooting.

This is what I would regard as a common sense solution, but I'm not entirely sure on how perfect an application of the rules it is.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread