1500 ork fleet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 ork fleet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 ork fleet

me and my friends are thinking of getting in bfg i am gonna do orks because i play orks in 40k
    i want my army to be
    10 roks
    13 rams (i dunno the real name off the top of my head)
    1 battleship ( i forget which one i wanted i have it written down some were)

basicly this army would be a huge missle volley to sheild the rams as they get close for killing blows

10 roks= max 88 missisles plus the battleship which could be another 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, in my experience Roks really aren't all that good. They're extremely slow, for one thing, and that right there is enough to basically lose you the game in BFG.

Second, you can't take a Battleship without at least two Cruisers present in your fleet.

Kill Kroozers and Terror Ships really are worth taking, they're excellent vessels and you need the firepower.

A list like the one you've given, the Rams will leave the Roks behind & get slaughtered. The Roks will basically be ignored because of their speed, and they aren't all that hard to take down with concentrated firepower if the enemy decided to do so. And the Battleship, whichever you take, won't be enough to save the day.

And finally, please take the time to use capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Your entire post reads as one long sentence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I think he's planning to keep the Roks back out of the fray and use them as missile platforms, basically. One thing, though... Reload Ordnance rolls require leadership tests. Orks and leadership... Weeeeellllll...

Also, think about the movement rates, as Mega said. You'll want to fire those missiles just before the Ramships come in range, to cover their approach to enemy cruisers. The slow Roks will still be quite a ways back at that point. You'll have a devil of a time coordinating the missile barrage with the Ramships. And don't forget... Those missiles screaming across the table? They'll be coming in from behind your own Ramships. So... Guess who's going to have to duck 88 missiles first? Yeah... You'll have to worry about shotgunning yourself right out of the game in Turn 2 or 3.

You could possible arc the Ramships around and try for a flank attack as the Roks send their missiles in for the front, but that will take another turn to set up. Another turn where enemy vessels will be picking away at you. You have, really, a great uppercut move with that fleet, but it's not very versatile. It has basically one shot, and then all the missiles are fired and the Ramships have either been shot down or rammed themselves away.

This could be an interesting fleet to work with... But I suspect you'll be disappointed.
    BFG
    Cadian Enforcement Taskforce(1500) (3/3/2)
    181st Cadian (1500) (0/1/4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

an interesting way to play this fleet would be to flood the board with rocks, and have 2-3 units of ramships behind.

Your enemy will have to close in to grab some points, and when he does, you just launch the ramships forward and cripple is main vessels. the rocks will take care of the rest.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

You could have fun with a hulk too, but don't expect to win lots of games with that fleet. It will be very slow, which is quite un-orky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

+ Reply to Thread