GorkaMorka? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GorkaMorka?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GorkaMorka?

maybe its been said and slagged before, but why is there no Gorka thread. Ork gangs fighting it up in the desert for scrap, what could be greater. Also the diggas and muties, cool tribes and fluff.

Peace, lurks in the Jungle...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

I must admit Gorkamorka looked pretty awesome, althoguh I never played it myself. I think it was reintroduced at some point as a part of Necromunda.
    Unfortunately, it isn't a game that GW makes anymore. It's like asking why there's no Man 'o War thread. Go to a GW store and ask about that, they probably wouldn't know what you were on about. Unless they were really old.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Gorka Morka

The problem with GorkaMorka was that its appeal was very narrow. It only really touched people who already played Orks. Worse there was almost no room for expansion in the background. Adding the Tau empire and the Tyranids to the 40k fluff was easy but adding some marines to Gorka Morka would bend unreality to new levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GorkaMorka is a very niche set. As for being unruley to adapt new races, it would take some sorting. However the GorkaMorka planet, Angelis I believe, has been added to the 40K star map. I cannot remember where I saw it, maybe 4thed rule book. So GorkaMorka is a part of WH40K as it has a place in the universe. A small as the mention is. GM is a fun game that is really simple as far as fluff but the fluff is there. Digga Nob has a good bit of fluff too. All is centeral on the planet and the races there. They do have ties to the greater story. I like this game, I do not get to play as the group I played in was left in Jacksonville, Florida when I moved to Tampa. Florida. Fond memories of an Ork bouncing off a truk several times .......
    I really need to be painting right now.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Adn this is a very old thread, let it rest in peace guys.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

+ Reply to Thread