Kal Jericho? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kal Jericho?

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Kal Jericho?

In the book it mentions Necromunda's favourite forelock-dredlock Bounty hunter... It even has a pic of him.

How would he be represented? I suppose he could be a 'random' Bounty Hunter, or would he be a baseic statline guy?

Either way: Here's what I can tell of him...

Name- Kal Jericho
    Type- Bounty Hunter
    Age- I dunno... 25-29?
    Stats - Basic Bounty Hunter.
    Right handed
    Equipment - 2 Laspistols, Short sword, 1 Blind grenade. 3 points of armour on chest & abodmen, 2 points of armour on arms, Groin, & legs.
    Skills - Hipshooting, Dodge, Heroic, Gunfighter.

Background - Read Necromunda.

Last edited by <E!_Mance>; October 12th, 2006 at 16:32.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance> View Post
    In the book it mentions Necromunda's favourite forelock-dredlock Bounty hunter... It even has a pic of him.

How would he be represented? I suppose he could be a 'random' Bounty Hunter, or would he be a baseic statline guy?

Either way: Here's what I can tell of him...

Name- Kal Jericho
    Type- Bounty Hunter
    Age- I dunno... 25-29?
    Stats - Basic Bounty Hunter.
    Right handed
    Equipment - 2 Laspistols, Short sword, 1 Blind grenade. 3 points of armour on chest & abodmen, 2 points of armour on arms, Groin, & legs.
    Skills - Hipshooting, Dodge, Heroic.

Background - Read Necromunda.
    I think Kal count's for more than 'Basic', I mean Necromunda shows him decking a pit fighter, whose strength and toughness would surely out do a normal bounty hunter.
    I preety sure his Las will be Necromunder pattern, as he is their poster child.
    And his age? I'd put him any where between 25 and 50; he may have aged prematurely with hard living or he may have realy good genes. I'm willing to bet on the last one, and his skills indicate a long time learning.

You might want to look into his skills as well; being a main charicter he'll probably have between 3-5 skills.
    Last edited by Lucy; October 12th, 2006 at 15:21.
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Well Lucy, lasguns come in various patterns in inquisitor while las-pistols just come in the stock sandard type. Even a poster child for a hive-world can't wield weapons that don't actually exist (yet...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I think Kal count's for more than 'Basic', I mean Necromunda shows him decking a pit fighter, whose strength and toughness would surely out do a normal bounty hunter.
    I preety sure his Las will be Necromunder pattern, as he is their poster child.
    And his age? I'd put him any where between 25 and 50; he may have aged prematurely with hard living or he may have realy good genes. I'm willing to bet on the last one, and his skills indicate a long time learning.

You might want to look into his skills as well; being a main charicter he'll probably have between 3-5 skills.
    Main character or no, he's still mortal. I say he'd be in late 20s... That kind of 'skill' would be picked up early on that world. And a lot of his ability comes from just diving into the worst and surviving...
    A long time learning how to run in and shoot his laspistols at people while escaping their own shots is about the time it takes you to survive 5 or more attempts.

Taking on a chronofighter is nothing. Those guys are pretty much combat servitors with a bit more brain matter.

And Necromunda pistols, as Darkreever put it, don't exist. You'd think I'd have given them to him If they did.

I also added Ambidexterous for him. He'd be used to using his sword with either hand (he's been in a lot of tight spots, as you've seen) , and he likes to fire both pistols.
    That or Gunslinger for his habit of using said pistols.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Well Lucy, lasguns come in various patterns in inquisitor while las-pistols just come in the stock sandard type. Even a poster child for a hive-world can't wield weapons that don't actually exist (yet...
    Damn, it was a good idea.
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

Inquistor-Missionary Precinct Omega's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've PM'd you, E.

The rules for Kal Jerico were published in Exterminatus magazine (issue 2, IIRC) and subsequently published electronically on the SG website. However, following the legal dispute over the rights to Jerico's trademark, the article was pulled.

R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Well, he's in the rulebook, so he should be legally allowed to be in =][=.
    What a stupid thing to get all legal over, eh?
    And I accidentally removed the PM in an inbox purge... The address you supplied along with it.:rolleyes:
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he's in the rulebook, so he should be legally allowed to be in =][=.
    What a stupid thing to get all legal over, eh?
    And I accidentally removed the PM in an inbox purge... The address you supplied along with it.:rolleyes:
    Email resent.

The legal thing was more complicated than that. The character "Kal Jerico" was created by the original artist who drew him in Warhammer Monthly and as he had not agreed to submit all of his original ideas to GW/Black Library, the Intellectual Property of the character belonged to him.

This meant that when GW attempted to extend the use of the character into other areas of their corporation (the games) they got into trouble with licensing. Some sort of agreement was subsequently reached that allowed them to continue to use Kal Jerico in 40K scale (and his rules in Necromunda) but not - for whatever reason - in Inquisitor.

You'll notice that Jena Orechiel is obviously Helena Jerico (and is in fact an anagram of the same) but that her background doesn't mention Kal or her alter ego at any point (although it does hint at it).

This also explains why the fabulous Kal Jerico model is no longer available. Mint examples of this model with all parts included will now sell for up to £60-70.

R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Helena Jerico?
    Wife?
    ???
    KAL? MARRIED?
    *wowsered beyond recognition*

And I guess if we walked into a GW =][= tourney with a model made completely out of Greenstuff and said it was Kal Jerico, they'd set the lampreys on us, right?
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helena Jerico?
    Wife?
    ???
    KAL? MARRIED?
    *wowsered beyond recognition*

And I guess if we walked into a GW =][= tourney with a model made completely out of Greenstuff and said it was Kal Jerico, they'd set the lampreys on us, right?
    Jena Orechiel is - allegedly - Kal Jerico's mother (father being Lord Helmawr himself - again, allegedly), but Everything You Have Been Told is a Lie.

As for the self-sculpt idea - no, that would not be a problem, for the same reason that the LRB can include a drawing of Kal by Karl Kopinski, or I could sell a copy of a Damien Hirst art print on eBay: it's a personal interpretation of an idea.

If I signed it "Damien Hirst" and tried to sell it as his work - that would be forgery, of course. As long as it's signed "Robey Jenkins", I'm OK.

R.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast