Gang background, need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gang background, need help

Ok, My gang, The Dust Devils, originate from dust falls. Sofar, background-wise, this is all I've got:

One day, Chuck and Boris climbed (err...elevated?) out of the Abyss, and the gang formed from there on. Boris is Chuck's Number two, and confindante (sp?), and basically his bodyguard...where Chuck goes, he goes...

Well, there we have it, the shady pair, but other than that, i'm stuck. I was thinking that maybe chuck is a secret chaos worshipper...but mayber that's a bit much...

Help me out here!

Thanks in advance

-The god of all Machines

W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Two friends (?!) coming to Dust Falls to get a gang is a good start. The boss-bodyguard relationship seems very film-like. Two friends who know each other from the very beginning of their lives go out on some adventures. One is the "brain", deciding what to do and the other one helps him. #2 does not necessarily have to be stupid, but at least he does not ask too many questions about what Chuck's plans are. Since you must have read the Dust Falls articles, that's probably what you wanted to go for, isn't it? If not, consider this as another idea you could use.

The beginning of your story is very good. Maybe leaving it as unclear as at moment is even a good idea. As you see at least I had some kind of image in front of me as soon as I read this little part. Either leave it like that to give everyone the opportunity to imagine the story's details, add some like the ones above or do something totally different.

Some of the other gang members should get a background like that as well, maybe some stories about how Chuck & #2 saved one of them from getting beaten up by an angry bar tender. The story before the actual story of the gang you play can give them some characteristics from the very beginning and maybe change the style you play them. For example #2 could charge a powerful enemy to enable Chuck to get into a better position to shoot the enemy?!

As I said, good start, add some details and make everyone fear the Dust Devils!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, heres some more (thanks for kickstarting my brain ):

Ok, Chuck and Boris climb outta the Abyss one day, dusty, but fine. No one asks too many questions around here, so they blend in well. Mysterious past and all that jazz. Boris doesn't talk much, but he's not your average 'dumb muscle' you find in the Underhive.
    (If anyone is a fan of the Artemis Fowl series, think Butler, just slightly less talkative).

Looking for work, they form a mutual alliance with Mathew Johnson, (later given the nick name of "blast 'em up") Ex-Imperial Guardsmen (by 'Ex' I mean he snuck away, stowd away in a transport ship, had a few adventures along the way, and ended up here).

The Then-juve 'Legs' is fleeing from the Enforcers (in a general sense, not like their really behind him). He pleads to lay low at the group's hideout. They let him, he thanks them by offering his services to their 'gang'. That sparks the idea, and from there on out, the hire everyone else.

Now some individual stories:

Lil'Romeo (Real name Romeo), is the shortest of the group, hence the nick name 'lil'.
    He's rather sombre for a juve, and isn't prone to bursts of testostorone that most juves are.
    (Most likely from a life of being put down and made fun of). He has a few personal vendettas he wants to fullfill, and he attempts to do so whenever possible. Chuck keeps him in check becuase he doesn't want his juve getting the entire gang messed up with the wrong people.

Billy, is the youngest in the group, hence the name "the kid". He tends to complain, and is rather hyper and restless, very masculen, very adolescent.

Legs is basically the 'teacher of juves' in the group. He trains new members. He keeps an eye out for them in battle, and the juves stick to him like glue. The juves tend to like him more then Chuck.

Louie is your average joe ganger. Aside his inability to get along with the law, there is nothing much special about him, yet.

Josef Totter, a.k.a "gun" totter, was originally from house goliath. Some schism or another saw his family ousted from it, he left the family as a juve, and wound up as the gangs heavy. Tends to throw his weight around, and likes to use his size (and the size of his guns!) to intimidate people. When they first met, Totter tried to intimidate Chuck out of a guilder bidding for a top-rate, industrial chainsword. Chuck didn't back down, Totter imidiatly took a liking to him.

I think that covers the general history/feel of the gang, I'll write up some stories or something later.

Thanks again for getting my brain working

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Less talkative than Buttler? Is he a mute??? And where has his little sister gone? Kidding again, did not think that there's anyone out there reading those books except the friend that gave me the first part...
    Ok, back to the topic, again some nice references to 'existing people' that give your gangers characteristics, but not let them appear copied.
    I like Romeo, somehow the absolute opposite of Shakespear's Romeo, though some aspects are similar again.
    Quite obvisous to make the CCW guy, the juves will have to fight with most of the time, their 'teacher'. And the beginning of another gang possibly splitting from your Dust Devils some time in the future? Who knows...
    The story about your heavy may be a bit too much, although I just recently started with Necromunda I read very often that Gangers would NEVER fight for another house, either they become independent (scums) or they... no, I did not come across an or, maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but you should stay with your Orlocks, they have some very musculous guys as well. The rest of his background is nice anyway.

Hope I could help again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I was wondering if the goliath turned orlock was too much.
    Thanks, ya, I could see my gang retiring and Legs starting a new one one day.

How many of the Artemis fowl books have you read? They Are REALLY good and only get better!

I've read them all, just so ya know there are 5 of them (not including that little...err...interview book thingy).

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L

+ Reply to Thread