Beginner Character for Practice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Beginner Character for Practice

Okay, after reading PO's post in another thread, I feel like that a practice character would be good to accomodate myself to the rules.

(Cheredanine, if you're not too busy, sometime I'd like to have a few games against you. Contact me for more info.)

I may decide to use this character in my already developed warband, I'll have to see how things go.

Name: Umos Muzzo (:wacko: )

Type: Desperado

Stats:
    WS: 43
    BS: 67
    S: 45
    T: 50
    I: 69
    Wp: 32
    Sg: 40
    Nv: 40
    Ld: 50

Story: Never the brightest bulb of the bunch, Umos Muzzo never got along well in 'normal' life. Therefore, he went to a life of crime, taking what he could, and just getting by. He's fairly good with a gun, and has a basic knowledge of most firearms. However, he knows when the getting is good, you'd best get going, so he doesn't like to stick around if the situation gets hairy.

Equipment: Flak Armour on chest and Abdomen; Combat Fatigues on Legs (1pt armour on legs)

Weapons: Stubber with 1 reload; Auto Pistol with one reload; knife

Special Skills: Gunfighter

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    Okay, after reading PO's post in another thread, I feel like that a practice character would be good to accomodate myself to the rules.
    The one where he talks about developing a character as you go, that really is an excelent post isnt it?
    (Cheredanine, if you're not too busy, sometime I'd like to have a few games against you. Contact me for more info.)
    Happy to mate but a little concerned about the pond in the way
    I may decide to use this character in my already developed warband, I'll have to see how things go.

Name: Umos Muzzo (:wacko: )

Type: Desperado

Stats:
    WS: 43
    BS: 67
    S: 45
    T: 50
    I: 69
    Wp: 32
    Sg: 40
    Nv: 40
    Ld: 50
    stats are fine, if anythign a little low
    Story: Never the brightest bulb of the bunch, Umos Muzzo never got along well in 'normal' life. Therefore, he went to a life of crime, taking what he could, and just getting by. He's fairly good with a gun, and has a basic knowledge of most firearms. However, he knows when the getting is good, you'd best get going, so he doesn't like to stick around if the situation gets hairy.

Equipment: Flak Armour on chest and Abdomen; Combat Fatigues on Legs (1pt armour on legs)

Weapons: Stubber with 1 reload; Auto Pistol with one reload; knife

Special Skills: Gunfighter
    [/quote]
    Real basic character, absolutley spanking for a warband at the start of a campaign, provided other players use a similar approach and you are not faced with powered armour wearing, frostblade toting, refractor field carrying, boltgun armed superpsychers, he is excelent.

Bear in mind the warband leader is the main character, as a member of a warband this chap is not going to eat too much of your time, but can happily give you a nice side story and develop into something special as the campaign goes on, as well as allowing you not to worry too much about yoyur main character, (stick this chaop in front, you got some fire power and effectively a bit of armour for your main character
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Inquistor-Missionary Precinct Omega's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to always be sounding repetitive, but do you have a model for this chap? I assume he's just Slick Devlan or a conversion thereof - I have one of these. My favourite character is Marech Val: a straight headswap for the bald Arbiter head.

However, in principle, no problem. But don't forget that our characters should be interesting types in whom we take an emotional interest. What's there about Muzzo that you're going to care about? What's his "spark"?

I went on with Marech Val for some time with no spark and as a result he wasn't much fun to play and he got shot up a lot. But he did side with a great many Inquisitors along the way and I had to ask myself: why do they keep employing this unlikeable, mediocre little piece of gutter scum?

The answer was that Marech Val turned out to be a Pariah (so you see, I'm not totally opposed to Pariahs). That gave him his "spark" and, once he became aware of this, he became fun and interesting.

Now, I don't want to see a glut of soulless gunfighters out there. Find your own spark.

R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Okay, I just came up wiht that story in about 5 minutes, cause I had a class to go to, but yeah, he's gonna get built up in some fashion or another, after I accomodate myself with the rules system.

Models: I've got a Sergeant Stone mini that's just sitting in its box, there we go, just gotta get him some arms.

@Cheredanine: PM sent with details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hate to argue with PO, but I rather like developing character throguh the campaign, you have some possibilities around running away written in, I like him as a starting warband member
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

In terms of character he sounds about right to me: the sort of trash one can find in any drinking establishment where people get slid along the counter and hit with a bottle at the other end. He seems like a good sort, whose archetype we can all recognise (Jayne Cobb, The Ugly, etc), and there's plenty of room to discover more about him as time goes on and he won't detract from the lead characters.

On the other hand, he is on the weaker end of the scale, as has been pointed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

I suppose I could raise the stats a bit, but I won't by much.

Inquistor-Missionary Precinct Omega's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're both mistaking my intent when I say "spark" - I don't mean Exotic abilities or high stats: I mean what makes that character interesting to you - what motivates you to play him in-character.

I've just be scratching my head about this and I've found that most of my lesser-mortal characters seem to have some combination of background and rules that I feel gives them their spark:

Marech Val is an incompetent loser who nevertheless (a) keeps falling foul of the Inquisition and (b) keeps surviving against the odds - I rationalized these qualities by making him a Pariah.

Acolyte Fabrios is a refugee from Gryphonne IV, abandoned in the Halo Zone and trying to find his way back to the Imperium by hiring himself out as a technician. He possesses Wyrd Machine Empathy (but not as a ranged ability) to represent his suspiciously instinctive gift for matter technical.

Regulator-Proctor Murphy is fanatically loyal to his master, Inquisitor Nemesov, but with an obsession with overwhelming firepower, as demonstrated by his attachment to the unwieldy Boarding Cannon.

I could go on.

There is something about all of them that makes me care about their fates and want to participate in the writing of their futures, for good or ill. Every character needs this quality if your gaming experience is going to be truly rewarding.

R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Hmm... I see what you're saying PO, but i need some serious sitdown time to come up with something. And I've got alot on my plate for this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread