Inqusitor Hunter-Rex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inqusitor Hunter-Rex

Inquisitor "K" Hunter-Rex of Ordo Xenos

WS BS S T I Wp Sg Nv Ld Speed
    89 62 59 64 84 89 87 86 87 5

Weapons
    Force sword, Short sword, Knife, Needle pistol with 1 with choke and 1 with Halucinogen clips, Frag and Krak grenade

Armour
    3 on arms and legs, 4 on Groin and Abdomen and 6 on chest

Skills
    True Grit , Leader and Swordmaster(Below)

Psychic Powers
    Gust(Below) and Psychic Shield

Talent: Swordmaster
    The character's a real master with the sword! Capable of flicking and spinning his blade with unbelievable ease, the swordmaster is a true monster at close range. When armed with a sword of any description, the character ignores the normal parrying modifiers, and instead reduces his Ws by 10% for each succesive parry. The penalty cannot get worse than 50%.

Written by Phil Johnson, Nexus Hive

Psychic: Gust
    Target receives 1 point of damage for purposes of knockback for every 2% the test was passed by.

Difficulty Discipline Type
    10 Aeromancy Ranged and LOS

Written by Georg Eios, Lord Inquisitor, Nexus Hive

Key Points of Background

The Name Hunter-Rex is a ceramonial name taken by the Inquisitor who is incharge of the Order/cell Ygnis. This Order/cell has been working against the Necron threat since before the they awoken from their hibernation. With the necrons and their C-tan Lords awakening the latest Hunter-Rex has started to search for the (Kr)Ork named Orkimedies, who has been able to make some of the Old One Technology, shown during the 3rd War of Armageddon.

The oldest known record of a Hunter-Rex was during the Age of Apostasy, when Vandire had him tried, on Terra, for crimes against the Imperium. No record exists of his punishment.

More Background to follow when I can make sense of my notes :wacko:

Model
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...HunterR2PF.jpg

Investigator Sophus Pelagius

WS 62
    BS 60
    S 67
    T 59
    I 63
    Wp. 85
    Sg. 74
    Nv. 81
    Ld. 79
    Speed 4

Abilities
    Heroic and Force of will

Equipment
    Chain sword, Stubber 2 reloads 2 smoke grenades and a Tangle foot grenade

Armour
    Carapace on all locations bar head

Background (abridged)

Sophus Pelegius is A Schola(Sp.) Progenium Trained Investigator. Just as he was about to be transfered to his first Precinct House, Inqusistor Hunter-Rex asked for a Trained Proctor to be Seconded to his Personal Staff, the local Administratum rather than give him an experienced individual, transfered Sophus instead.

Pelegius is a headstrong individual, who believes in black and white, which has had him at loggerheads with Hunter-Rex. But his willingness to stand his ground has led to Hunter-Rex respecting him and permanently keeping him on his Staff

model
    PHTO0045.jpg - Image

Just wondering On my Inquisitors stats and him No. 2 even tho he has few skills he can stand he seems to stand his ground against most Inqusitors before I gave him Carapace armour

All Lies lead To the Truth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of stats in the eighties for Hunter-Rex; how strong are the characters he/she usually goes toe to toe with and do they actually warrant the use of something as strong as a force sword?
    Unless Hunter-Rex is a lord then I'd be willing to say the stats might be to high. Everythings upwards of the good end of the spectrum and having the best is not what inquisitor is usually about.

I understand that Sophus is supposed to be an arbiter but is the carapace armor everywhere really neccesary?

Unless your opponents are very powerful on a regular basis I'd be willing to say that both of these two may be a bit overpowering. Hunter-Rex is sporting both a very good close combat weapon coupled with a dangerous skill and with a psychic power that he/she can almost always make work.

Inquistor-Missionary Precinct Omega's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having played against this character, I can't say I found him overwhelmingly powerful. In hindsight, I'd say knock 10 off that Initiative, but the rest of the stats are fine. Contrary to scarab prince, I'd say that a field inquisitor of the sort of rank ascribed to Hunter Rex should always have both physical and mental stats that are on the high side. I concur that all those 80s are on the high side of high - if you follow me - but that seems justified by the context.

As for carapace armour on the arbiter - he's an arbiter. They wear carapace armour. Mine even has a helmet.

The Swordmaster rules is better than many versions I've seen and although I personally dislike Aeromancy as a discipline, the ability itself seems like an advanced form of Psychic Impel and I can certainly live with that.

Look!! Models!

R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor "K" Hunter-Rex of Ordo Xenos

WS BS S T I Wp Sg Nv Ld Speed
    89 62 59 64 76 86 82 84 87 5 (new)
    89 62 59 64 84 89 87 86 87 5 (old)

Weapons
    Force sword, Short sword, Knife, Needle pistol with 1 with choke and 1 with Halucinogen clips, Frag and Krak grenade

Armour
    3 on arms and legs, 4 on Groin and Abdomen and 6 on chest

Skills
    True Grit , Leader and Swordmaster(Below)

Psychic Powers
    Gust(Below) and Psychic Shield

Talent: Swordmaster
    The character's a real master with the sword! Capable of flicking and spinning his blade with unbelievable ease, the swordmaster is a true monster at close range. When armed with a sword of any description, the character ignores the normal parrying modifiers, and instead reduces his Ws by 10% for each succesive parry. The penalty cannot get worse than 50%.

Written by Phil Johnson, Nexus Hive

Psychic: Gust
    Target receives 1 point of damage for purposes of knockback for every 2% the test was passed by.

Difficulty Discipline Type
    10 Aeromancy Ranged and LOS

Written by Georg Eios, Lord Inquisitor, Nexus Hive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

This forum has probably worked out now that I'm big on bold, clearly conceptualized characters, but I think the inquisitor is split, I feel, between being a psyker and being a swordsman. His psychic skills don't really add anything to his swordy focus, and worse, they seem out of tune with each other to the point where I can't really see a coherent theme.. Why does he create gusts of wind? How does it fit in with his personality, training and focus? I know you've only given a summarized background, but I think some things need justification. If he's intended as a telekinetic psyker, I'd give him abilities which he can use with his weapon.. telekinesis, for example, rather than blowing wind around, which just seems quite random. I almost feel telepathy or biomancy would be more interesting for him though.. His model looks rather frail, so suddenly being able to buff himself with warp strength seems like a scary strick he might have learned, and telepathy fits in with his information gathering role.

He seems balanced, however, and works well as a playable character. His swordmaster ability is nice, and not too overpowered, it's basically just a free shield which doesn't take a hand to hold, which is pretty neat. All in all, very nice.

I know I keep playing up this combo but he'd be terrifying with mind scan..
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; February 7th, 2007 at 03:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest problem is the name Gust so Every one assumes it must be from the Aeromancy Disapline within the rules, PO described the Gust as a lesser form of Psychic impel. Looking at it, I see the psychic power as more a telekentic power rather than a Aeromancy. It was just called an Aeromancy Power because where it is taken from, Nexus Hive. this links into Psychic shield which is also a Telekinetic ability which I now see as him creating mini "Gust's" to force back incoming shots. It is like using an existing power to fill allow you to create extraordinary abilities like severina and sevora's Wyrd telepathy ability, isnt actually a warp ability or even Telepathy it just uses the existing rules in a new way.

I did look at giving him Biomacy powers but he just became quite unstopable, especailly with warp strength.

I like your idea of a close combat Character with mind scan.

I am colating(Sp) his background as we speak

+ Reply to Thread