Middenhiem starting warband - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Middenhiem starting warband

Heyo, its that time again were picking up some mordhiem fun! and I have chosening middenhiem for my gang so heres a quick mock up list i hope to use.

Heroes
    Captain, brace of pistols, hammer
    Champion, hammer, dagger
    Champion, hammer, dagger
    Youngblood, hammer, dagger

Henchmen
    3 warriors, hammers, daggers
    3 Marksmen, bows, daggers

Its not really a mixed list its just a base for the warband and will get better and bigger after some games but let me know whats you think, etc

P.S. i have 40 gp spare to send, i was looking at mayby 2 suits of light armour for my captain and 1 of the champions.

cheers.

Last edited by Morden; January 15th, 2008 at 11:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Heyo, its that time again were picking up some mordhiem fun! and I have chosening middenhiem for my gang so heres a quick mock up list i hope to use.

Heroes
    Captain, brace of pistols, hammer
    Champion, hammer, dagger
    Champion, hammer, dagger
    Youngblood, hammer, dagger

Henchmen
    3 Marksmen, bows, daggers

Its not really a mixed list its just a base for the warband and will get better and bigger after some games but let me know whats you think, etc

P.S. i have 40 gp spare to send, i was looking at mayby 2 suits of light armour for my captain and 1 of the champions.

cheers.
    Its been a while since I picked up mordheim so forgive me if I'm wrong with the costings, but wouldn't you be better off picking up a second youngblood for the 40? If nothing else just to get the extra dice end of game rolls? I've tended to use my youngbloods to guard my marksmen, and leave the champions, captain and blade and buckler swordsmen to go a' hunting.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

Thank you Nachtjager for some feed back, Yea i did have 2 youngbloods to start of with but i decided to get rid of them but i guess your right tho on the idea he is less than 20 gold, I'll add 1 extra youngblood with a hammer so thats like 18 gold.

Now i have 2 options with the left over gold keep it and save it for a wolf priest or something or buy 2 wolf cloaks for my captain and a champion they handy and cheap alterative to light armour and middenhiem only to so thats a plus i guess.

What do you think?

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Nachtjager for some feed back, Yea i did have 2 youngbloods to start of with but i decided to get rid of them but i guess your right tho on the idea he is less than 20 gold, I'll add 1 extra youngblood with a hammer so thats like 18 gold.

Now i have 2 options with the left over gold keep it and save it for a wolf priest or something or buy 2 wolf cloaks for my captain and a champion they handy and cheap alterative to light armour and middenhiem only to so thats a plus i guess.

What do you think?

Cheers.
    Sounds like a plan, numbers being one of the big affectors early on in games moreso than equipment from my experience. Are the wolf cloaks hard to get hold of in trade? If so grab em now while you have the chance to garuntee it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

i think they are there common for us to find and you pay 10gc (the trip to middenhiem) to get them but take a strenght test ( to kill the wolf i guess) if passed you get the cloak you can wear it on top of armour to which is great and a nice bargain.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

I played 2 games few days ago and won them both with was great i was just fighting my mates mareburg warband i had 13 modals vs his 9 he has lost a few modals since we started so in his was 3 swordsmen, 2 xbowmen, 1 champion, 1 youngblood and 1 captain, 1 warlock with that dam arrow spell, thats overpowered if you ask me d6+2 at str3.

Anyways first mission was breakthough i won roll to decide who was attacker and defender so uped for going attacker for the first time and with my superior numbers would win me the game. So we echange fire with marksmen for a couple of turns, i hugged and charged up the battle field finally reaching combat in turn 3 my friends warband had some experance over my numbers so fair game in my opinion.

In the end i managed to take out 3 of the gang and win the game and losing 4 henchmen due to seriously bad rolls (dam you dice god) *shakes fist in the air*.

My leader when one on one with his leader, his leader was basically equipt the same as mines only a sword and LA he had. I manage to pull a charge on his he took out one of my champions in the turn before. I got a critcal hit with a hammer and took him out of action instantly.
    Total kills were 3 henchmen and 2 heroes of enemy warband OOA and Mines were 4 henchmen and 1 champion, only 1 of my henchmen died.

My warband did go up a good few levels this game. The best bit was the fact my friends captain now hates my captain .

Win to Middenhiem!.

2nd fight was just a straight kill match his first warband routs or was takening out of action.
    There wasnt really any highlights of the fight, I was able to outflank his warband and distracted his marksmen with mines so my men made in combat easliy but i some how was able to roll well this match.
    Took out warband without many losses his warband routed with 3 men left and i lost 5 henchmen and 1 champion

Another win to Middenhiem!.
    From what i can remeber my warband is the the same -1 warrior henchmen, 1 champion is str 5, 1 champion is ws5, 1 youngblood has ws3 and 2 wounds and my captain is ws5 and has unstoppable charge(+1 str in combat)
    Henchmen - 1 warriors are ws4 now, marksmen are ld 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like its going pretty well! did you manage to get much of the search rolls etc?

I'm gonna have to find some people to play mordheim with again sometime, bring out my Marienburgers, Reiklanders or Skaven again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

Yea, I dont get much luck often in my last 5 games with my skaven, (not to self dont take a rat ogre in starting gang)
    I've got couple of games tommorrow to so ill report more then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I dont get much luck often in my last 5 games with my skaven, (not to self dont take a rat ogre in starting gang)
    I've got couple of games tommorrow to so ill report more then.
    Yeah, a rat ogre, although powerful, is far too big an investment, that and your characters and thats all she wrote points wise. I playtested one and in its second game it got taken out (reiklander marksmen w/ crossbows and a brace of duelling pistols from the captain *cringe*) and died when I rolled for its results after the game. After that, that skaven warband was useless, no rodentpower at all. Numbers, and lots of em, thats the way forward.

+ Reply to Thread