Waaagh! Thomo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waaagh! Thomo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Waaagh! Thomo

Hi Guys - in a bid to kick start the interest in Mordheim in my local gaming group (probably a vain hope, but a hope nonetheless) I have decided to build several 'ready-made' war bands. So, in the midst of building some Mercenary bands, the next project will be orcs. So, what do you think of this list:

Orc Boss 105
    Axe, Sword, Bow

Orc Shaman 50
    Bow

Orc Big 'Un 55
    Axe, Bow, Dagger

Orc Big 'Un 65
    Axe, Shield, Bow

2 Orcs 110
    Crossbow, Axe

2 Orcs 80
    Great weapon

2 Goblins 40
    Shortbow

Total: 500

I am relying on the 2 orcs with crossbows and the 2 orcs with great weapons to rack up enough experience fast enough and hopefully roll a Lad's Got Talent to help out in the exploration.
    As far as tactics go it is quite a shooty warband, and I am a little concerned about this (I could drop a few of the bows and get some more gobos I suppose but I'm not too sure I want to) but if I have enough fun making these guys I'll probably end up playing them so that's alright.
    I think they have enough versatility with both shooting and up close combat, so should be able to handle themselves in a lot of situations. I would like to get some more meat shields…erm…I mean goblins…in there but will probably wait until after a couple of games.
    Will post some fluff soon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

shooting is good but dont relie on it to win games
    my rule for my warbands is 1 shooty guy for 2 hitty guys
    that way you always get a good close combat force...
    orcs with Xbows should be given 2axes or 2 hammers or whatever just something to add some more combat protetial (not that they need it...)
    then get rid of goblins and get orcs (they dont die from becomeing heroes...)
    and give them bows so you can move towards combat while shooting they can accompany you bow armed heroes
    give one of your big uns additional CC wep then he can join your worriors at the front.
    Last edited by warhammer madman; July 9th, 2008 at 07:55. Reason: grammatical frenzy
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Don't worry about the XBowmen gaining Exp, they'll do that fast enough anyways.

The only change I'd recommend are ditching the Gobbos for maybe another Orc Hero. They'll prove to be of little use when they get strangled for becoming too powerful, alternatively, you could switch to the opposite end of the spectrum and "mass up" on Gobbos.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

AFG - already have the max orc heroes (unless I'm reading the list wrong) so I'm relying on a LGT roll to come through for me.

Madman - I find that shooting does indeed play a major part, but the good thing about orcs is that the shooty guys are still brutal in close combat. Best of both worlds!
    Will probably add more gobbos just to give me more numbers, the whole counts as .5 of a model helps with the rout tests.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

cool i forget orcs are so hard no matter what there armed with...
    gobos arnt guna help your band in the long term so get more boys...
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I think Gobbos are just the type to "take one for the team", no matter how well imposed. So they will help with the Rout Tests as long as they're the ones dying, not your Orcs. Plus it shouldn't matter if you can't roll a 3+, they're Gobbos (you could squeeze out your bad luck on them).

-AFG//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

Don't forget boys...he gets a troll, gobbos are good for feeding him. (if he can't pay the upkeep. )
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

+ Reply to Thread