AVAST! New captain on deck! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

41 (x1)

AVAST! New captain on deck!

So, long story short, I've been shanghaied into playing mordheim with some buddies. I'm still not totally decided yet, but so far pirates look like a lot of fun, so I whipped up a list. Unfortunately, I still only have a basic understanding of the game, so I thought I might post the list up here and see what someone who actually knows what they're doing has to say about it!

Pirate Captain @ 104 GC
    Free Dagger; Duelling Pistol; Cutlass; Hook Hand

Ship's Mate @ 60 GC
    Free Dagger; Pistol; Cutlass

Ship's Mate @ 75 GC
    Free Dagger; Brace of Pistols; Cutlass

Cabin Boy @ 36 GC
    Free Dagger; Cat O' 9 Tails (x2); Toughened Leathers

Boatswain @ 59 GC
    Free Dagger; Crossbow; Dagger

Boatswain @ 59 GC
    Free Dagger; Crossbow; Dagger

Crew @ 45 GC
    Free Dagger; Pistol; Axe

Gunner @ 62 GC
    Free Dagger; Handgun; Dagger

Total Warband Cost: 500

I'd be right pleased if anyone could scan the list over and give me a verdict. Any tips on strategies and plans for future expansion would also be most helpful. One thing I'm eyeing is a swivel gun, which is one of the reasons for the gunner at the moment. I'm just not sure what I could do without in order to take it, or if I should just wait until later.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Fuzzy Wumpus; November 27th, 2008 at 18:52.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

34 (x1)

I'd ditch the Hook hand on your captain because you've already got a cutlass and dueling pistol on him.

Your second mate looks way too cheap... a brace of regular pistols is just as much as a brace of dueling pistols.

I'd give your gunner a crossbow instead of the handgun, but maybe that's just me. I expect my henchmen to die early on, so I'd rather lose a crossbow than a handgun. Plus a crossbow will get to shoot twice as much as the handgun.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

+ Reply to Thread