On the subject of rule versions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the subject of rule versions...

Recently, I've suddenly become interested in Blood Bowl, and after downloading and reading through the rules on the GW website, I decided to buy the game.

It all looks excellent, but I noticed that the rulebook that came with the game was slightly different to the rulebook pdf that I'd downloaded. After researching a bit I found out about the various versions of the rules, including the Living Rulebooks.

So now I'm slightly confused as to which set of rules to follow. Should I go with the most recent (LRB 5 I think - is this the one on the GW website?) or the one that came with the game? Is there really much difference - I did notice that some teams (e.g. Vampires, Lizardmen etc.) were missing from the book that came with the game, but in terms of rules is there much change?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ps. I noticed in the printed handbook that, although rules for Kroxigors were given, and Lizardmen were referenced, there were no rules for actually fielding a Lizardmen team. Is this a typo, or were Lizardmen added in an errata/article later on?

Malekith's pet cat - "Puuurrrrrrrrr"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally it is best to use LRB 5, as the printed book they have in the box would be a few year old if I recall correctly. As far as I know they haven't printed the last few living rule books as it wouldn't be cost efficient seeing as they are reviewed and modified quite frequently.
    Everything is better with smut

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The living rulebook is updated on a regular basis and is much more up to date than the rule book in the boxset itself. Also all of the GW sanctioned events use the LRB.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread