Need help with a BB Dwarf team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with a BB Dwarf team

Hey guys, i have just started playing BB and i am thinking of using a team of Dwarfs in a tourney coming up soon. What do you think would be the best setup for at team - including what fan factor and re-rolls would be best to have. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Dwarfs are a pretty forgiving team in terms of players, but you should get 2 blitzers and a runner and prbably have the rest linemen. Then ff/rr/reserves to taste. I like 3 rr but you can get away with 2 if you need.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that does help a lot. One thing that my friends have been saying is cool about the Dwarfs is the deathroller - it apparently has S7 so gets 3 dice against your average dude, but gets sent off after the first half lol. Is this a wise choice or just something that is cool, not competitive. Also, have any of you got any tips in stopping fast moving, good at catching models? I have only played 2 games so far - 1 vs Dark Elves, the other against humans and have lost both games because of one or two guys that can apparently move 8 or 9 spaces without even going for it and then catch the ball on a 3+ and then get to re-roll it! Any tips would be very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Set up your wide zone defence at least 2 squares back and put as many TZs as possible so they can't just dodge through. Keep 2 blitzers back on the wide zone edges about halfway down the pitch. Remember your guys have block AND tackle, very helpful vs. those dodges and blocks, use the "both down result to your advantage.

Also use the time you have wisely. Aim to win 2-1 against these teams. They will score against you, but if you get the ball in a safe cage that they can't break and thump their team half the match then they can't stop you and will almost invariably end up with a less than full strength team on the pitch. As for the roller, I've never used it due to its prohibitive cost. Its very pricy for a strating team and you're better off with more guys/RR,
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, i will try that next time i vs some elves or something similar. Sunday week i have to play 2 games (a catch up games against an orc player, we're both going to paintball with about 8 other people, that should be awesome). But the next game is vs some rats, i'll try that tactic vs them. Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Hey - I know this is an older post, but hopefully you'll see this...

My first BB team were Dwarfs, and I joined a league where I was the ONLY 'season 1' team.. the rest were 2-7 seasons in....

My starting roster was:

1 - Trollslayer
    2 - Trollslayer
    3 - Blitzer
    4 - Blitzer
    5 - Runner
    6 - Runner
    7 - Lineman
    8 - Lineman
    9 - Lineman
    10 - Lineman
    11 - Lineman

3x Re-rolls, the rest in Fan Factor.

By week 7 I had 4 re-rolls, and added a Doomroller.
    I ended up going to Play-offs round 2 and lost to a 6th season Chaos team.

My record was 7-3 regular season, 1-1 post season.
    My 3 loses in the regular season were:
    4th Season dwarf team
    5th Season Skaven team
    7th Season Undead team

My loss in the playoffs was listed above (6th season Chaos team).
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice wrekka, i'm going to play a couple of games in... 2 weeks i think. Anyway, i'll try a team similar to what you used and see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Yea the team suggested by wrekka is your best bet, make sure your 1st purchase is an apothecary.

You could get a death roller but they get less useful the longer a league goes on and the chances are you'll only have them for 1 drive, personally I wouldn't bother as after they have been sent off you've basically just lost 160k worth of team value and you may find your linemen getting out played or even out bashed depending on who your playing against. Use your slayers wisely against the opponents big guys and you wont need to worry about the lack of a high strength player.

*edit* oh and make sure your linemen/blitzers get guard as their 1st normal skill this will also even the odds
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice everyone, i'm playing some games next sunday so i'll tell you how it goes. This is completely off topic, but i just have to say that paintball is freaking awesome!

+ Reply to Thread