Blood Bowl video game vs. tabletop? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Blood Bowl video game vs. tabletop?

Blood Bowl, the video game, or Blood Bowl, the tabletop game? What are the pros and cons of each? How customizable is your team in the video game, since you can obviously customize them as you see fit here in the realm of the tabletop.

Would you guys recommend a tabletop team/league, or to stick with the PC game? Also, does the game work on Macs, because if not, then that pretty much settles the issue for me, hah!

Any help would be great, I was interested in starting up my own league with some friends...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

When I played it at last years Games Day, you could customise your team just like you could on the table top version - although I didn't get to poke around and see about buying apothecarys or wizards.

I've been trying to buy this for weeks, ever since I heard it was out - but nowhere in the UK seems to stock it
    Last edited by realitycheque; August 7th, 2009 at 10:48.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I've been trying to buy this for weeks, ever since I heard it was out - but nowhere in the UK seems to stock it
    The hard copy version is not yet out, you can however pay and download the virtual copy of the game from here.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

That explains a lot! I think I might wait for the 360 release, apparently that's due out by Christmas and frankly I've enough games to finish without adding a new one to the pile
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    That explains a lot! I think I might wait for the 360 release, apparently that's due out by Christmas and frankly I've enough games to finish without adding a new one to the pile
    Any links to the announcement it's coming to the 360? Now that, I may buy... since the OS required for the PC version is, well, for PCs only, not Macs.

Anyone able to list pros/cons of doing it over the tabletop version?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Well, the main pro over the table top game is not having to paint/buy the team as well as the boards etc. You're up and running as soon as you install it.

The computer game is a faithful recreation of the board game. All it really lacks is all the teams - it only has 8 (which is hair splitting since the teams it lacks tend to those that are very similar to those present).

The main downside of the computer version is that you've got to be at the computer. Sometimes it's nice to be doing it 'old school'.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    The main downside of the computer version is that you've got to be at the computer. Sometimes it's nice to be doing it 'old school'.
    I can definitely understand that one.

Have you heard anything about this Xbox 360 version, or if they're planning on adding in more teams as time goes on? Could be some nifty DLC.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I haven't heard anything about the 360 version, but then I don't own a 360, I'm afraid.

In terms of other teams, I assume they'll add them in as they go along. It also doesn't have wizards you can hire, which no doubt will come in eventually.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    I can definitely understand that one.

Have you heard anything about this Xbox 360 version, or if they're planning on adding in more teams as time goes on? Could be some nifty DLC.
    It's in testing at the moment apparently, and will "definitely" be in the shops by Christmas.

Of course you can never trust a press release, as it's aimed at the shareholders more than the customers.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The PC version will be released in shops shortly after the 360 version or so i heard, this is some kind of marketing thing.

I play in both a Tabletop Blood Bowl league with my gaming group, and i play the game onthe PC, and i'm currently trying to get myself in a league online.

I still personally prefer to actually play the game on the Tabletop as opposed to on a computer, however it is really good fun and is a faithful recreation of BB using the LRB version 5.0.

The only downside for me was having to pay 40 GBP for it, which i think is excessive for a game of which i only own a digital copy of! But then i just love BB!
    Back in the zone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast