Starting Dwarf Warband - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Starting Dwarf Warband

So I'm putting together a dwarf warband for a small mordheim campaign, haven't played it before but I did a little research and came up with this.

Dwarf Noble: 115
    2x Dwarf Axe

Engineer: 78
    Crossbow, Hammer

Troll Slayer: 65
    Great Axe

Troll Slayer: 65
    Great Axe

Thunderer: 65
    Crossbow

Beardling: 28
    Hammer

Hammer

Hammer

Hammer

Total: 500gc

Beardlings seem like solid warriors for cheap and help to get my numbers up. They will be backed up by the hopefully more fighty Heroes and the Engineer and Thunderer providing some long range missile fire. Any comments?

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Well I figured I'd let anyone who was browsing this know how it did.

First battle of the campaign against a Middenheim warband the Dwarves were "Defending the Find." The enemy was a mixed warband of Max heroes, some swordsmen, marksmen, and regular dudes. The battle went well with the Crossbowdwarves knocking out a couple guys and my solid dwarf wall chewing through the enemy in close combat. In the third turn after one big combat I had 2 beardlings out of action and they had in return OoA about 6 of his guys including a couple heroes so he voluntarily routed.

In the after battle sequence all of his guys made full recoveries, and one of my beardling died unlucky. With the spoils I bought 3 more beardlings and gave them all double hammers. He bought another swordsmen.

Second Battle, this time we rolled "occupy" the objectives were three buildings. This was a bad scenario for my dwarves who were both slower and outnumbered by the enemy. In a massive bloody combat at the objective closest to me I lost 3 beardlings and a slayer to 2 champions 3 swordsmen and 2 warriors. Unfortunately his captain and two young bloods managed to corner a slayer and beardling who I had sent to contest the middle objective and were both put OoA.

He won the scenario, All his heroes made full recoveries, and one now hates my Noble, and one swordsmen died. I lost a beardling, one of my slayers now has an old wound and the other was captured and ransomed back for 56gc which was my entire treasury. This was probably not a smart move, but I couldn't stand to leave him in the hands of the enemy (maybe he will fight harder now). And one of my beardlings has got some talent and is a new hero.

So far my after battle rolls have been pretty terrible compared to his, but hopefully this changes soon.

+ Reply to Thread