How to run a league - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to run a league

Ho!
    I am trying to raise interest locally in a blood bowl league. I know there are people with teams, it's just that most don't know how to play as they haven't actively looked for an opponent(s). So, I know I can get the players, I know there are enough people to act as instructors to get people ready for a league; what I need is instructions of setting up the league.
    Is there a primer anywhere on how to set up a league? Like, how to set-up house rules, schedules, maintaining teams through a season (fan points, deaths, replacement players, etc...)? Well, something more comprehensive than what is in the printed and/or living rulebooks.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Erik Grogswiller

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
    'Tis all we have left to prize.
    A drink to the dead already,--
    Hurrah for the next that dies."
    - ancient Space Wolf toast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a primer anywhere on how to set up a league?
    Mr. Tournament Organiser

Hmm not a league, but tournaments, yes. That link above will take you to the PDF on the GW site. Some of the tips/ideas there should help you out with some parts of the league.

Otherwise, you can either have a set night where everyone comes to play their games, and the matches are all pre-set at the beginning of the league (season, as it is bloodbowl). The organiser sets up the matches randomly, but try to avoid re-matches until well into the season. The other way to run the league is to have it more open. Allow people to play X amount of games per week (usually 2-3), and have them send in report sheets that let the organiser know who won, the score, and basically everything you fill out on the back of the bloodbowl roster for each game (minus the notes part). Keep a scoreboard (a whiteboard/chalkboard would be excellent for this) wherever everyone plays so that everyone can check the stats and positions of each team. Or post it online, that would work as well.

Like, how to set-up house rules, schedules, maintaining teams through a season (fan points, deaths, replacement players, etc...)? Well, something more comprehensive than what is in the printed and/or living rulebooks.
    House rules are up to the players playing, and that's something you and your group need to look into, because you're not going to find anything but fan rules online. Same with schedules, that's up to your group to make a set schedule.

Fan points, deaths, and replacement players are all covered in the Living Rulebook, and y ou don't need any more advanced rules than the ones presented. They're complicated enough for new players, don't overcomplicate them with your own house rules.

Hope that helps.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

+ Reply to Thread