Dwarf treasure hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf treasure hunters

everybody at my club is making new warbands, so i thought, why not retire my Reiklanders (for the time being), and make a new one myself? i'd observed a friend of mine, having great success with the "stunties", together with the fact that i really do like the look of the new dwarves, i was decided.

with that decision out of the way, i sat down and made a list, which looks as follows:
    Heroes
    Dwarf Noble with 2 dwarf axes, 115 GC
    Dwarf Engineer with Crossbow and normal axe, 80 GC
    Dwarf Trollslayer with 2 dwarf axes. 80 GC
    Henchmen:
    2 Dwarf Thunderers with crossbows and axes 184 GC(did you hear that, sounds like thunder... nah, probably those dwarves toying around with their crossbows again )
    3 Beardlings with maces, 84 GC

so what i'm asking of you guys, is to see if i've made any big mistakes in choosing my list, and if you want, correct my mistakes..

meza

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

I wont go into specifics, (as i've personnaly never played dwarves) but every dwarf warband that ive seen has been predominantly shooting with maybe 1 or 2 combat charectors as backup..... Now while it would be refreshing to see a dwarven combat warband, maybe shooting is the way to go??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Here is how my warband is currently laid out after our first round of gaming.
    Noble-Light Armor, Shield, Dwarf axe, Crossbow, Dagger, Helmet
    Enginner-Light Armor, Shield, Hammer, Crossbow, Dagger, Helmet
    Thunderers x4 with Crossbow, Hammers, Daggers, Helmets
    Beardlings x2 with Daggers x2

i had a good first round, resulting in being able to by some helmets and buy another clansman with a crossbow, hammer and dagger. My noble got lucky with the extra shot skill and the Engineer has +1 toughness. I tend to do the stand and shoot dwarf thing as the high BS of the noble plus 2 shots is excellent. I use the thunderers to ran shots to gobo's with bows, zombies, etc. Seems to work, however the static force is a little boring, so i have the Beardlings to run and cause some ruckis.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i remember correctly, the Noble must choose weapons from the dwarf warriors equipmentlist, and therefore dont have acess to crossbows before they've got the skill weapons expert, and searched for the crossbow in the post-battle sequence ( i dont remember if you have to roll a die, or you get to buy it without having to look for it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

I'll have to take a look, i think you may be right in that respect. I've only played 2 games or mordheim so far.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Tracked it down, you are correct no crossbown for the Noble without the skills, will have to stick with a pistol for now.

+ Reply to Thread