And m_m is making yet another warband - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And m_m is making yet another warband

Now i've had it! Dwarves are simply too elite (few models paired with my bad dice luck, always results in me getting my butt handed to me in close combat, and when most of the warbands i play against always hides (i even played against one who claimed he could hide, even though my crossbow-thunderers had a clear line of sight to him)) but now i've decided to make a warband that can have more members than everybody else, and therefore more attacks, which gives me a higher chance of hitting in close combat. and who else than everybody's favorite giant ratmen can fill out that role? therefore i sat down and looked at the skaven entry in the book, and made a list, which is as follows:

Asassin Adept:
    Weeping blades 110 GC
    (just because i want to convert and paint it, and they look like they rock, so i might as well put them on my best fighter)

Eshin Sorcerer:
    Fighting Claws 75 GC
    (because he cant use any other weapons when using FightingClaws, and he dont need to, since he's a caster)

Black Skaven:
    Fighting Claws 80 GC
    (simply because i love the idea of a rat with claws for hands (yes, i've got a plan with this, so if it suck gamewise, it will be for pure fluff reasons)

Black Skaven
    Halberd and Throwing stars 70 GC
    (i need some Close Combat Strength, and this guy is it, and the stars is because a warband where the basic idea is ninjas, wouldn't be the same without the stereotypical throwingstars )

Nightrunner X2
    2 daggers per rat, throwingstars, 37 each
    (just to fill out all my hero slots, and since they aren't very good in Close Combat, i'd just as well give them something to throw in the general direction of the enemy)

Verminkin #1 (2 rats)
    Spears and slings 60 total
    (these guys are supposed to stay in front in case my enemy should charge, as the spears will make them strike first when charged, and my heroes will then be able to countercharge in my turn)

Verminkin #2 (three rats)
    Clubs Daggers and Slings 75
    (just to get some meatshield... meatshield that hit back)

yes, i know that i've given lots of advice (well, a little at least) about skaven warbands in the past, and as far as i can see, i've done my best to live up to my wn advice, but what are you guy's thoughts? I haven't bought any of the models yet, so feel free to tear it apart in some violent way,and tell me i'm stupid for making so stupid a list :rolleyes:

Last edited by me_meza; May 21st, 2006 at 15:21. Reason: stupid keyboard, making typos without telling me..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Looks good to me, allthough you seem to have a lot of short range shooting which could be removed to make way for more crazy rat-men!!
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I agree looks good. Personally wouldn't start the sorc out of fighting claws, however combined with his spells he can be really good in combat. My assassin started with Weeping blades also. Once he had a skill upgrade i gave him Martial Arts and switched to Fighting Claws, the Weeping blades are on one of my Black Skaven and works wonderfully.

After a few games, 6 the skaven have really come into their own, and are insane in combat. For example here's two of my headhunters:
    Assassin adept
    WS4,BS4, S4,T4,W1,I6,A1+2,Ld7
    Light Armor/Helmet
    Esshin Claws,Tail Dagger,Dodge
    Tail Attack,Martial Arts,Leader,Perfect Killer
    3 attacks plus dagger, -2 to armor saves, critical's on 5/6

Black Skaven
    WS4,BS4,S4,T3,w3,I6,A3+1,Ld7
    Light Armor/Helmet
    Weeping Blades, Warplock Pistol (brace)
    Expert Swordsman
    4 re-rollable attacks on the charge, poisen due to weeping blades, with 3 wounds

The Black Skaven is actually more efficient and has almost as much experience as the assassin. He's very survivable, and the warplock brace adds lots of punch just in case he needs it.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a starting warband me_meza?
    but it seems to be just over 500gc so you couldnt start with it...
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112 View Post
    Assassin adept
    WS4,BS4, S4,T4,W1,I6,A1+2,Ld7
    Light Armor/Helmet
    Esshin Claws,Tail Dagger,Dodge
    Tail Attack,Martial Arts,Leader,Perfect Killer
    3 attacks plus dagger, -2 to armor saves, critical's on 5/6
    how does he get 3 attacks... is it 1 + a tail attack + having 2 weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112 View Post
    Black Skaven
    WS4,BS4,S4,T3,w3,I6,A3+1,Ld7
    Light Armor/Helmet
    Weeping Blades, Warplock Pistol (brace)
    Expert Swordsman
    4 re-rollable attacks on the charge, poisen due to weeping blades, with 3 wounds
    right. i am at a loss to how he has 4 attacks... did you just get lots of attack upgrades on your profile or something?

anyway... i would hate to see those 2 rats down a dark mordheim alley of death lol. i used to play scaven once too... then realised they were wayyy overpowered in mordheim
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

+ Reply to Thread