pirates! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pirates!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pirates!

I recently read the rulebook to mordheim and I really like the rules, so I recruited some friends to start with me and am going to start building my warband soon and am hoping for some advice from the more experienced players.

At first I was going to do reikland mercs, but then I looked over the article section of the website and knew, as soon as I saw the title (shiver me timbers!), I had to do pirates. I’ve been a huge pirate fan for as long as i can remember and can’t pass up the chance to use them. So what I was wondering is, are they competitive? Any general tactics or strategies would be greatly appreciated. I already came up with a basic 500 gc warband, tell me what you think.

Fredric the Black, privateer (pirate captain), dueling pistol, cutlass, toughened leathers-107 (will probably give him a brace eventually, main cc hitter)

Felix, first mate, 2 cat o nine tales, toughened leathers-60 (crowd control)

Max & Dag, 2 crew, pistol, cutlass, toughened leathers-114 (basic cc units)

Powder Brothers Seth & Augustus, 2 gunners, handgun-120(ranged support, thinking of just swapping them for crew with crossbows and eventually want a swivel gun)

Slippery Jack & Wily Karl, 2 boatswains, cutlass, toughened leathers-98(gallivanting around the rooftops, will eventually give pistols)

gc used-499

Will this list sink or swim? What would be some good tactics with it? what would you change and why? My friend's are doing skaven, human mercs, and dwarves. I tried to find topics concerning pirate tactics but couldn’t find any. Any help appreciated. Ill post background soon.

information IS power

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know i'd ditch some of the henchmen, and get heroes instead, as they are your income, and without income, you are nothing in a campaign (that, and the fact that one out of 6 henchmen that is taken OOA (out of Action) will die, and heroes have a lower "fatalityrate".

other than that, i'd lose the handguns, as they aren't much better than crossbows, but cost more than twice as much! i'd just go with a couple of boatswains (y'know, the boys with rope and hook as standard). give them crossbows, and they will can get much quicker into position, than your crewmen.

oh, and i made this list about a year ago or something like that, and i won almost all of my games with these boys, untill we decided to make new warbands (what's the fun if all your heroes are next-to-invincble?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response. After reviewing your thread, searching the web for other forums with tactics on pirates, and posting my warbands fluff, i created a new warband. The first one was really a spur of the moment thing I immediately imagined upon reading the rules. This one is a little more thought out and pertaining to the background of my warband.

Fredrick the Black, Privateer King (pirate captain), dueling pistol, cutlass-100 gc

first mate Felix, mate, pistol, cutlass-60 gc

Dag, mate, pistol, cutlass-60 gc

Seth & Max, cabin boy's, cat o nine tales, dagger-46 gc

craftsmen Karl & Luther, crew, 2 hammers-62 gc

Deadeye, gunner, swivel gun, ball shot, grape shot-97 gc

Slippery Jack, boatswain, crossbow, hammer-60 gc

gc used-485

Don’t really know what to spend the last 15 gc on. Might buy some toughened leathers or just horde it. After my first game my first purchase will be some armor, but I care a lot more about offence than defense (defensive pirates? blasphemy!) Again any comments and suggestions appreciated.
    information IS power

+ Reply to Thread